carrier challenge

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

carrier challenge

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today i was annouyed with microsoft , for destroying a long flight , see the b377 PHNL/RJTT for details . so to get rid of my pent up anger , i decided to take my C182 for a spin , decided to test myself , and see if i could land this aircraft on a static carrier deck , took a few attempts , and not pretty , shows how rusty i was , but i did land on the deck , taxiied on deck , lined up and took off again , surprised i had no damage when i landed back at KBFI , after i shut down .
regards alan. 8)
EDIT:- i was going to put a twitch link , to show the landing , but when i went to twitch TV , it was showing not one but two twitch videos for the time , but both show blank , i decided to try and play them , NOTHING , some videos i had made earlier where also showing blank and some where not , none of the videos are playing , either twitch are messing about again or there site is down .
EDIT2:- just gone on twitch site back up , but they screwed with the vids of my carrier landing , first vid is 15 secs long second just no recording at all sorry i cannot post the evidence of a successfull landing.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: carrier challenge

Post by n421nj »

Ive done the same in the sim. Still working on getting the comanche down and stopped in time but i think its doable just gotta keep the speeds low enough.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Andrew.
The comanche comes in to quick for the static carriers , you might get a touch an go but not a stop.
You could get it landed on the moveing ai carriers , as they cruise at 30 to 50 knts, i have the details as to where they sail from and to and the days of the week , just cant get to that info at this time , as i am presently flying the b377 from PHNL to RJTT via PWAK.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have put the AI carrier sailing info i had in the general section , under FSX AI carriers for those interested in trying this challenge.
regards alan. 8)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I don't know if the size of the carriers is properly modelled in FSX, but assuming you have no wind and STP conditions, you should just barely be able to make the landing. With a headwind it should be totally in the realm of possibility.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Yesterday i could not get the videos to work ,that showed the carrier landing , good job i did not delete them , today they both played ok , but i deleted the first one , as it was only 15 seconds long , and did not show the carrier bit , here is the video of the approaches and eventual landing/taxi/takeoff.

https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/100453939

regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”