No aileron

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
golfguyw5
Airman First Class

No aileron

Post by golfguyw5 »

Just re-installed my 182 because I did not have pilot or passenger avatars (animations) The re-install went fine (updates included) but now not only do I not have the pilot animation but the ailerons do not function (Rudder and trim fine).
They work fine in every other plane. I am running Win 10 and P3DV3. What could cause this aileron anomaly to just affect my A2A 182 and no other plane? Appreciate your help.

Dennis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No aileron

Post by Nick - A2A »

Dennis,

Following on from the info posted in the other thread, can you just confirm that it's from the external view that you can't see the aircraft occupants?

Other than the non-functional ailerons (have you removed the control lock, by the way?) have you noticed any other problems such as lots of red entries in the maintenance hangar which could indicate an issue with the SimConnect client?

Finally, are you loading a default P3D aircraft into the sim before you select the Skylane?

Thanks,
Nick

golfguyw5
Airman First Class

Post by golfguyw5 »

Hi Nick:

Thanks for getting back to me. The aileron problem was just my dumb mistake in not checking the maintenance hanger. Sure enough, I had a faulty hinge which when corrected
resolved the issue. The pilot/passengers are not seen in any external views. The 182 is my default aircraft so it always loads first.

Sorry to have bothered you on the ailerons but the animations are still a problem.

Best regards,

Dennis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Denis.
In FSX/P3D whichever you are useing , have you got advanced animations ticked.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

golfguyw5 wrote:The 182 is my default aircraft so it always loads first.
This could well be the problem Dennis. In P3D especially, you need to resist the temptation to make one of the A2A aircraft default. Instead, try setting one of the simple stock aircraft which comes with P3D (e.g. the Maule or Baron) as default and load your 'scenario' with this at your airport of choice, then switch to the 182. :)

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. There's no GUI option for "advanced animations" in P3D Alan.

golfguyw5
Airman First Class

Post by golfguyw5 »

Hi Nick:

Good call!! You were spot on with the advice to not load anything but a default aircraft. Changed it to the LM Mooney
then loaded the A2A 182 and there the passenger and pilot were. Thanks for the expertise.

Regards,

Dennis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Dennis - happy to hear they're returned! :)

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, and another example of the difference in initialization the sim uses for that first load.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

golfguyw5
Airman First Class

Post by golfguyw5 »

So true. Thanks Lewis

Dennis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”