AirSpeed Calibration window?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
cessna lover

AirSpeed Calibration window?

Post by cessna lover »

I have noticed with this and the 172 that the airspeed calibration window is all messed up and not aliened. why is that?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: AirSpeed Calibration window?

Post by Oracle427 »

Not sure what you mean here. If you are taking about the window within the airspeed indicator that has airspeed on a white background then that is used to determine the true airspeed.

You will need to set the current pressure altitude for cruise, in thousands, against the outside air temperature in the little window at the top of the airspeed indicator. Then the needle will point to true airspeed.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

man I knew I should have saved that picture. I was having some computer issues yesterday. when I get the chance I will show you guy what I mean.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back to this I had my PC in the shop for a week so I was not a very happy flyer. any way I posted this question and now I can do the follow up on it. as you can see in this photo the airspeed calibration is not right.
this is for the 182 skylane. I know how to fix this but I was just wondering why it is like that? the 100 it where one 120 knots should be. why is this like this at first set up?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Try rotating the little knob at bottom left of the dial anticlockwise a few times! :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: yeah I got it fixed I know how to do that. but why is it like that? do they eventually lose there calibration or something like that?

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

cessna lover wrote::lol: yeah I got it fixed I know how to do that. but why is it like that? do they eventually lose there calibration or something like that?
You adjust the knob so that the outside temperature in celsius is aligned with the indicated airspeed, and that will give you your true airspeed.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok thank you sir. :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

cessna lover wrote: :lol: yeah I got it fixed I know how to do that. but why is it like that? do they eventually lose there calibration or something like that?
Not sure I follow, but when the aircraft is loaded for the first time I think the knob is turned all the way to the right for some reason (this has caught a few others out). However, after you adjust it, it should 'remember' its setting each time you load it in the sim.

Nick

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

You adjust the knob so that the OAT (Celsius) is aligned with your pressure altitude. You can find your pressure altitude by setting the altimeter to 29.92 and using that reading. Don't forget to reset the altimeter.

Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok thanks. every thing is lining up now.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”