The jack of all trades in Papua New Guinea

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

The jack of all trades in Papua New Guinea

Post by Dominique »

Starting the day by a short (but quite intense at the end) haul in PNG.

http://strips.proboards.com/thread/37/h ... resby-kagi
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: The jack of all trades in Papua New Guinea

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

It's like an episode from "Worst place to be a pilot" series. :mrgreen: Thanks for posting!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful set of images! 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Thanks guys. Best place to have fun too.

Now leg #2 http://strips.proboards.com/thread/38/h ... gi-woitape
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Dominique

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

A rather nice sets of pictures, Dominique; very well done. They also serve to remind me that I must get TAP Tapini before the current Orbx sale ends. I already have AYPY Jacksons, which is excellent. :)

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Paul K wrote:A rather nice sets of pictures, Dominique; very well done. They also serve to remind me that I must get TAP Tapini before the current Orbx sale ends. I already have AYPY Jacksons, which is excellent. :)
Thank you, Paul. The A2A Skylane fits very well with the OrbX PNG sceneries. Together they require that you muster your best airmanship to survive the day. I added the Scenery Tech Indo-Pacific landclass which improves a bit the ground between the OrbX airfields. Tapini is nice and indeed recommended if you already like Jacksons. Not the same kind of challenges.
Dominique

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

I fly the 182 down there too. Can get tricky when you try to get some freight out of a short strip at 7000ft..
If you look for more destinations you could go for the PacSim PNG pack. Rather dusty by the standard we have today, but also featuring sloped strips which are quite challenging.. And you get quite a few, too. You just have to deactivate the strips that double with the FTX ones.
Kind regards, Matthias

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

MatzeH84 wrote:I fly the 182 down there too. Can get tricky when you try to get some freight out of a short strip at 7000ft..
If you look for more destinations you could go for the PacSim PNG pack. Rather dusty by the standard we have today, but also featuring sloped strips which are quite challenging.. And you get quite a few, too. You just have to deactivate the strips that double with the FTX ones.
Glad not to be alone then :) ! I've the GTN750 fit in the Skylane and it s always useful to check the density altitude in a 30°C/100% humidity environment. This makes flying the Papuan rollercoaster quite special, take off, hard climbing or landing. You have to think differently than you do in a temperate climate.

I flew PacSim PNG a lot in FS9/FSX and loved it. I still miss the Solomon Sea island strips but I gave up as it is incompatible with OrbX Vector which is, for me, a major enhancement to PNG (coastlines, rivers etc.). Also, the OrbX package is much closer to the real thing.
Dominique

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Dominique.
I have the Holger mesh installed as recommended by Orbx but the tech land class looks better than the one in the Orbx scenery.Did you just add it or did you have to adjust the Orbx scenery.

Your comments please.

Cheers Chris

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Dominique wrote: I added the Scenery Tech Indo-Pacific landclass which improves a bit the ground between the OrbX airfields.

I've got that, but never used it again after leaving FSX. Is it worth installing ? I'm using Orbx Global and Vector in P3Dv3

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

speedy70 wrote:Hi Dominique.
I have the Holger mesh installed as recommended by Orbx but the tech land class looks better than the one in the Orbx scenery.Did you just add it or did you have to adjust the Orbx scenery.

Your comments please.

Cheers Chris
Paul K wrote:
Dominique wrote: I added the Scenery Tech Indo-Pacific landclass which improves a bit the ground between the OrbX airfields.

I've got that, but never used it again after leaving FSX. Is it worth installing ? I'm using Orbx Global and Vector in P3Dv3
Hi Chris, Paul

Mesh and landclass are complementary, one brings the relief, the other the texture assignement. The Holgermesh is a necessity as Tim and Ken's airfields are constructed around it. The OrbX Jacksons and Tapini packages only have a landclass map around Port Moresby if I understand well.

As in many places in the world, the default landclass does a poor job, it is sometimes weird (villages and fields over volcanoes etc.) and kills the suspension of disbelief. The oldish Scenery Tech Indo-Pacific LC (about 13 €) is far from perfect (it forgets Honiara in the Solomons for instance) but is, all in all, a vast improvement IMO over default. I do a lot of simming in PNG and it adds value for me. I too use Global and Vector.You install it as a normal scenery. In P3D, I put it above bathymetry and below the OpenLC block.
Dominique

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for that Dominique. Talking of Honiara, I remember we discussed Emerald Scenery's Solomons over on the Orbx forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... lots-mesh/

That's something else I need to reinstall. :)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Domonique.
Thanks for the info,all installed and running well.
Cheers chris

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

speedy70 wrote:Hi Domonique.
Thanks for the info,all installed and running well.
Cheers chris
Good to know Chris, happy flying then :) !
Paul K wrote:Thanks for that Dominique. Talking of Honiara, I remember we discussed Emerald Scenery's Solomons over on the Orbx forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... lots-mesh/
That's something else I need to reinstall. :)
I forgot about it, thanks for the reminder ! Got to check whether they have completed the product.

Anyway if you want to talk/post pics about flying in PNG you're welcome at my place !
Dominique

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”