Awful Night-time Graphics

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Awful Night-time Graphics

Post by Molly - A2A »

It's the same deal in FSX, FYI. Yes, the lighting methodology is ancient compared to what we have in current engines like Unreal 4 or even Unity 5. It would be neat to see an integration of today's FS addons with a more modern graphics engine, but chances are that will never happen without a completely new product (maybe when LM takes P3D to 64bit? We can only hope.)

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

You dont need a 64 bit memory addressing space to program real time lighting and shading in pixel shaders. When it became popular in 2003 it was mostly 32 bit apps using it.

The strange thing is P3D already has real time lighting and shading in other areas such as the cockpit shadows

Molleh I dont use fsx, all my comments relate to p3d

Anyway ill see what LM says

Cheers
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

nullack wrote:You dont need a 64 bit memory addressing space to program real time lighting and shading in pixel shaders. When it became popular in 2003 it was mostly 32 bit apps using it.

The strange thing is P3D already has real time lighting and shading in other areas such as the cockpit shadows

Molleh I dont use fsx, all my comments relate to p3d

Anyway ill see what LM says

Cheers
I know all of that. My point is that a) LM is using the same core lighting model from FSX and b) they likely won't overhaul the lighting until they combine with a larger overhaul/upgrade/new platform, such as the 64bit version rumored.

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

Ah. now I get ya buddy

Whats for sure is were all fan bois of A2A, and we love Lewis and Scot and the team's work. If we can only assist in a small way to make their products better, well cool. Perhaps we are spoilt, I mean, in other areas A2A graphics are just so good. The unfortunate or fortunate point pending your perspective on this issue, is this, if you set the standard high, crappy stuff really stands out.
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

larry007
Airman Basic

Post by larry007 »

Hi

and up...

I have the brand new P3D v4 version, 32 Gb Ram and Windows 10 64bit, Display at 32bit and have some issue with the glareshield light in the c182. The plane is up to date.

The lights are not good looking, see the picture. Is there any solution about, since the Thread is open, there is no replay since 2,5 years?? - any help?

I have also the A2A Commache, everyting is there ok....

Raller
Airman First Class

Post by Raller »

It is the same with me! That's the first thing i noticed when comparing the C182 with the Comanche or the Cherokee.

Win10, P3Dv4.1
MSFS2020 Boxed Version (German) | Win 10 Pro | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | T.16000M

larry007
Airman Basic

Post by larry007 »

Hi,
then the problem is still up to date and is not only up to me.
Does not one of the support have a satisfactory answer here?
After all, the problem is already 2.5 years old, maybe longer.

It would be nice if someone could provide information on how the problem could be solved?

thx

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

best is to turn your lights up at the moment, as noted in the replies the dimming effect is limited by the platform it was designed on for the moment.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

larry007
Airman Basic

Post by larry007 »

Hello Lewis,

thanks for the short feedback.

last question ... will A2A want to fix the problem for the future?

thx

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as noted its built around a platform limitation at the time of the creation.

thanks,
Lewis

Deboprop
Airman Basic

Post by Deboprop »

My Cherokee has decent lighting in the dome and in the cabin on the seats etc but the panel itselff is almost completely dark. Is there anything I could do to improve that?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Deboprop wrote:My Cherokee has decent lighting in the dome and in the cabin on the seats etc but the panel itselff is almost completely dark. Is there anything I could do to improve that?
Which setting are you using?

for quick access under your shift + 3 panel you can press the button to go from off to bright to dim for nav/instrument.

If you have a tech issue please post a new thread in the Cherokee tech support forum with as many details as possible so we can help you troubleshoot any issues.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”