Shortcut key to bring up GTN750?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Pilbrob
Airman Basic

Shortcut key to bring up GTN750?

Post by Pilbrob »

Hi chaps,

I do love my 182, but one problem is keeping me from flying her as much as I'd like.

I've become very dependent on a shortcut key to bring up the F1 GTN when using other planes. I map this to the joystick using FSUIPC, which means I can bring up the GTN whenever I like. Usually the default key to do this is Shift-(number).

Shift-(number) brings up a bunch of panels in the 182, but no GPS/GTN750.

Not sure if I'm missing something obvious - is there already a shortcut key to do what I want, and if not is there a way to make one?

Thanks!

Rob

09302015: Edit: OK, worked it out last night, not very hard though I'm not an expert on aircraft panel files. The GTN was listed in the .cfg file as panel 15 (no shortcut key), I just swapped that withthe quick radios (panel 5) and now I can access it with the shift key.

Flew with this setup last night, I'm not using track IR at the moment so I personally find it useful to be able to flick the GTN750 up into my field of view without taking my hands off thr stick/yoke.

GTN750 is a great piece of kit and integrates beautifully with the A2A Skylane. Now just have to work out how to land without quite so many bounces(!).

:)

Cheers,

Rob

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”