Flying home for christmas (?) - a new USA-Norway adventure.

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Re: Flying home for christmas (?) - a new USA-Norway adventu

Post by G-BJPS »

Good effort Erik!

Beautiful screenshots and epic adventure.
Congrats on making it home before Christmas :wink:

beste ønsker!

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Dear all,

Many thanks to the readers and commenters! This has been an amazing journey,
and I hope it gives some inspiration. I also hope it proves what kind of fun one can have with a simulator. :-)

Special thanks to A2A Simulations:
I'd never, ever, in my wildest and most feverish dreams do something remotely resembling a smidgeon of a fraction of an iota
of a particle of a vestige of a shadow of a hint of a trip like this with anything else than an Accusim-plane.
An Accusim-plane flies better, sounds better, looks better - IS better, than anything else out there.

Again, thanks for reading!

Erik

PS:
I do indeed have a new trip in the works.
A new ferry trip - getting the Piper Comanche home from the US. Keep an eye out on the Comanche-forum!

------

As promised, the flightplan - in overview. If someone wants the details I can either do some screenshots of the whole list or possibly send the plan.

Data
Distance: 12.384 nautical miles.
Estimated time: 103 hours (118 hours isn't bad - given that I already had a few hours before leaving Robertson - and all the time I spent in patterns or in low'n slow cruise).
Average speed: 105 knots. (this is since new - from 0 hours)
Number of airports: I counted a little over 80 in my plan, but I didn't put them all in.
Some were subject to several landings/touch and goes as well, so I'm confident that I have something like 100 landings in this trip.

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Thanks for the detail Erik, and thanks again for sharing this great journey.

By the time I wear out my C182 screensaver, I'm sure there will be plenty of pics of the Comanche to replace them..... :wink:

Malcolm

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Interestingly no i see it visualized on the map I cant remember ever taking that route across the pond in sim land, ill have to give it a whirl. I look forward to the Comanche trip and excellent screenshots from you.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Interestingly no i see it visualized on the map I cant remember ever taking that route across the pond in sim land, ill have to give it a whirl. I look forward to the Comanche trip and excellent screenshots from you.

cheers,
Lewis
It is a nice route, but it would have been safer going to Ascension Island with ferry tanks. As it was I just had enough fuel for a quick go-around if need be. Headwind all the way didn't help, so make sure you have a tailwind if possible.

The trip with the Comanche will take a very, very different route - and monstrously scenic! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”