Promo video gives concern

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Promo video gives concern

Post by Oracle427 »

I wouldn't take it that way. A different point of view may provide a new perspective. However, I do not understand what is missing in their view without additional detail.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I didn't take him to be a troll either. I think Ian hit the nail on the head that the video released is detailing the development of the aircraft, and not a specific promotional video for a released finished product. But to be fair it was put out as the aircraft release was iminent, so I understand how it can be taken as a promo video as well. Though, as Scott said, anyone who has flown an Accusim plane already knows what they are getting! I'd guess the majority of us who have been A2A customers for a long time now would buy anything they released with no video whatsoever. Trust is earned, and A2A have earned ours!

Joe
Joe

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

Oracle427 wrote:I wouldn't take it that way. A different point of view may provide a new perspective. However, I do not understand what is missing in their view without additional detail.
It's the way he put it that gives me concern. If he had a question he/she should have asked it and not come out by bashing something he does not understand.

nandrews: I thank you will get your answer if you ask one. What would you like to know of the model? Every rivet is in its place and modeled, The avionics are as close to the real thing as you can get. It fly's like it is alive and not on rails like most other ones out there and yes I have carenados, all of them for p3d and x-plane 9/ 10. PMDG, Aerosoft and countless free ones. None fly and live like the A2A aircraft.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

After rereading the original post and re watching the video I do see what nandrews could be getting at. It does play a little like a Cessna advertisement for the 182. Yes nandrews is right and there is not much in the way of included info on the video of the A2A model. I also know that's why they put out the manual after the video. A prospective customer might not or have ever been around a GA aircraft and not know of the radios that A2A make (as real as it gets BTW) and have no clue or see why they would use this over the default aircraft. I have used A2A products going back to shockwave lights. We as (most of us that have other A2A products) old timers take for granted the quality and systems that have come forth.

My apologies if this is what you meant with your statement. :oops:
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I think it's important to get across that unlike many other developers, A2A spends an incredible amount of time not just with the real aircraft, but recording them. The amount of data collected on these flights far surpasses what you see, and it is important to show how much time is actually spent with them. Having personally produced over 100 FS videos, this breaks the norm, and connects the viewer more to the aircraft than showing the virtual version endlessly. That's the bread and butter. You may not agree with it, but that's the first complaint I've seen about it. It's nearly impossible to make everyone happy with a production.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

I couldn't agree more CodyValkyrie. I love the video, but I also know A2A quality. Fly a Yugo or a Maserati. Ill take the A2A thank you.
Word of mouth is how I found A2A all those years ago and I'm sure most of us found them that way. Their reputation is key here but for newcomers they might need more for some reason. I would rather see what went into making the product than just the product it's self. To me that shows more.
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

One other thing I would like to point out is that creating a video listing features would be entirely pedantic. Accusim is the culmination of over six years of dedicated work. There are literally hundreds of features you could list for any Accusim aircraft, and listing them all would be extremely boring. Instead, most videos tend to focus on very specific features that the team wants to highlight, rather than an exhaustive list. You earn a customer when someone comes to the forum, mentions what they think is a bug, only to find that they found a feature. Also, listing every feature, and how it is coded or works takes away from a lot of the magic of owning an Accusim product. If A2A got into the habit of doing this, it would ruin a lot of the experience for many people. Magic is no longer "magic" once the audience knows how it is done.

There are many products in the FS world that contain exhaustive lists of their features. This is great from a technical standpoint, especially when you are trying to ignore what the product DOESN'T have. I've found, in many cases, that products that list too many features are focusing on the technology they are trying to impress you with, or they are trying to hide the fact that the product doesn't contain many aspects found in other products. For example, I could tell you all about the toothpaste and toothbrush I use to clean my teeth, but it doesn't necessarily mean I have clean teeth. With Accusim, there is an expected standard when that label is applied to an aircraft.

Of course, much of this is my opinion, but this is one of the major reasons I've continued to be by A2A's side over the years. The technical aspects are only good if they provide an immersive experience. Simply forgetting to provide oil to an engine shouldn't cause an immediate failure, or be a piece of coding that is timed to cause a failure. The technology in Accusim is much more advanced than that. You should be thinking like a pilot, and that immersion should be expanded upon at every level while reducing the factors that break you from that experience.

Accusim, in a nutshell, is about immersion.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

You fail to miss the nail every time Mr. CodyValkyrie. :D The radios alone would take an hour or more alone. It can do so much but I bet not many know how close to real life it is. You can use the bindex king manual with it and it works. It's not just that, the whole aircraft is that way that's why I jumped the guy at first. Going back to when I first started with shockwave light it was a game changer for me. I'm not into war birds so the first AC was the 172 for me, FSX (wish I had it for P3D) then the 180 gain fsx. Now I have the 182 (P3D :D ) the first plane I ever flew in real life. Sadly I was too young to remember it but I love it. By by virtual VA’s. :D
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Cody and I have been speaking about a better way to show people the features of the products via video, as we are targeting those who are coming in fresh and new. In some ways, yes, I missed the new audience for not showing enough of the plane, but this was my approach on the vid:

Show the real plane
Many would look at the real 182 and think "it's just a big 172, what's different?" We had to show all those little parts that are different with not just the 182, but the T variant. This took the first 3 minutes.

Show it in flight
We needed to stress to people how different of a plane this is to handle, so what better way than to show it in flight, especially on takeoff and landing.

Show the model, inside and out
We sort of just let the video do the talking, with a lot of slow pans. People want beauty, and I think the video showed this.

Sounds and Physics
People saw and heard some of the Accu-Sim magic

We trust by delivering the above, and with our reputation, people would be interested. But it could have been better for the first timer viewers, and this is what Cody and I were discussing. BTW, our target audience was our core audience for this video, as they know Accu-Sim. This was intentional.

The "Code," Lewis, and I will come up with some new ways of speaking to a new crowd, however, in the meantime, we (A2A) have relied mostly on word of mouth advertising and independent reviews and we're in our 7th consecutive year of growth. So we are doing something right, but are always looking to do better.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Scott please could you mention about installation and how the update must be installed every time a product is added.

It seems to still lead to loads of repitition to new users.

You recall our previous thread about this that I started.

I also feel an explanation of the difference between accusim and accufeel.

Well that's my tenpeneth for today.

thanks Chris

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

I thought the video was intended to be a teaser. Kind of:

Here's why we've chosen to model this plane.
Here's what the real plane looks like and why we think it has beauty and is worth modelling.
Here's a teaser of what the finished product is likely to look like.

That's completely different from what the OP is judging it on.
I think Froogle's videos normally fulfill the after-release requirements. His first was better than his second on the 182 imho.

Cody's done some wonderful promo videos for A2A in the past obviously.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

I never thought this one was bad to start with. I keep coming back to see when it would be released. It got my hopes up and I was not disappointed.

Scott I honestly don't thank you need to change they way you do things. I don't own a businesses so you will know better then me.
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

The only issue I see here is that the video has featured a lot on sales pages, where you would normally expect to see a promo video.

Personally, I think that seeing how much emphasis is put on real world testing and experience would be a selling point, but I can also see why someone expecting to see a pure sales video for the FS product might want to see a "pure promo" video, rather than a "how that was developed" video.

Also personally, I tend to not believe promo videos too much, but that's just me. I tend to prefer going on other peoples' comments and reviews.

Ian P.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”