Finished Paints and Paintkit

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Skinner_11
Airman Basic

Re: Finished Paints and Paintkit

Post by Skinner_11 »

The first two (a lot more to come... :) )

Have clear skies

Attila

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Finished Paints

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ron Attwood wrote:Only just started, but I'm doing this one.

Just about finished G-BDIG. A few Is to dot and Ts to cross. I'll package it up, take a few more screens and upload it this evening. I've included a blue/grey interior with this one as a separate thing so you can use it on another aircraft....if you wish. :D

EDIT: Maybe the blue is too light or it may just be that particular photo. Mmm. :?

EDIT 2: Made the blue a bit darker. A bit closer I think.
Last edited by Ron Attwood on 20 Nov 2014, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bastins
Senior Airman

Re: Finished Paints

Post by bastins »

Ron Attwood wrote:EDIT: Maybe the blue is too light or it may just be that particular photo. Mmm. :?
To be honest, I think you nailed it. You really have to compare quite closely with the original to notice much, if any, difference in the shade.

With that being said, if you are accepting some critique, I think that light blue could be a bit brighter.

But again, without the original to compare to, no one is going to think twice; you did an excellent job with this paint :wink:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I hear you mate. The trouble with photos is that it all depends on the light. I've darkened the dark blue a bit, the light blue, once again, the light. It's all getting a bit anal eh? :D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Done!

Built in 1975, G-BDIG is actually a Reims F182P. She was once owned by the late British rally driver Roger Clark. Never heard of him? Google him, he was good!

Uploaded to AVSIM library. Available any time soon.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

That looks excellent, Ron! :D

I've just downloaded it. Thanks a lot :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Fireball6
Airman

Post by Fireball6 »

Great Jobs Ron and Tim and all other repainters. I hope to see some more "old school" paints for this plane. I notice that the word "Experimental" appears on both sides of the plane when using the 2-Blade Prop. So i'd reworked the Glass-textures a little bit and now you can use the 2-Blade Prop without having the word "Experimental" on both sides (especaly Ron's great paintjob looks even better without :D ). Also the glass is slightly green tinted (Sun-Protection). If you like, you can add it to every texture-folder of your choice.

Download it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gisqkgsfp9e6 ... s.zip?dl=0

BTW, thanks to the whole A2A-Team for another fantastic Plane

Kindly regards

Dirk

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

The new updates lets you select the Experimental tag as an option within the sim :)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

molleh wrote:The new updates lets you select the Experimental tag as an option within the sim :)
Top job! I didn't expect that to be realised for a while yet. :D Now if there was a way to select an EXPERIMENTAL notice on the panel in front of the right hand seat it would be perfect! After all, there should be such a notice.

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Fireball6 wrote:Great Jobs Ron and Tim and all other repainters. I hope to see some more "old school" paints for this plane. I notice that the word "Experimental" appears on both sides of the plane when using the 2-Blade Prop. So i'd reworked the Glass-textures a little bit and now you can use the 2-Blade Prop without having the word "Experimental" on both sides (especaly Ron's great paintjob looks even better without :D ). Also the glass is slightly green tinted (Sun-Protection). If you like, you can add it to every texture-folder of your choice.

Kindly regards

Dirk
Tried to download this but it said file not found on server, is there another place to get this file? Thanks!

Ok edit:Musta been a server glitch, I got it now. Ok Experimental is now gone, so thats cool, but are we suppose to see that greenish tint from inside the VC? The glass looks the same to me.

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

And to Ron great job mate! Enjoying it now.

Chris

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Second that. Nice repaint, Ron. This will get some flight time on my sim. I remember Roger Clark. He drove a Rover 2000 to 6th place in the 1966 Monte Carlo rally, quite a feat considering how underpowered Rovers of that era were. His sideways driving style was quite at odds with Rover's sober image.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Fireball6
Airman

Post by Fireball6 »

KloudKruiser wrote:
Fireball6 wrote:Great Jobs Ron and Tim and all other repainters. I hope to see some more "old school" paints for this plane. I notice that the word "Experimental" appears on both sides of the plane when using the 2-Blade Prop. So i'd reworked the Glass-textures a little bit and now you can use the 2-Blade Prop without having the word "Experimental" on both sides (especaly Ron's great paintjob looks even better without :D ). Also the glass is slightly green tinted (Sun-Protection). If you like, you can add it to every texture-folder of your choice.

Kindly regards

Dirk
Tried to download this but it said file not found on server, is there another place to get this file? Thanks!

Ok edit:Musta been a server glitch, I got it now. Ok Experimental is now gone, so thats cool, but are we suppose to see that greenish tint from inside the VC? The glass looks the same to me.
Hello KloudKruiser,

Files are updated - i add the tinted glass too the vc to and did it for both, the default and the beige vc.

Download-link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gisqkgsfp9e6 ... s.zip?dl=0

Dirk

joe bob
Senior Airman

Post by joe bob »

What is the story behind Air Group 6?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

joe bob wrote:What is the story behind Air Group 6?
I wish I knew. I Google to the best of my ability but came up with nothing. But that's what is says on the plane. :?

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”