I could do this all day

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Dooga
Staff Sergeant

I could do this all day

Post by Dooga »

Guys, on after next mag check just pay extra attention to that sound the prop makes when you're pulling the throttle back to idle! *Love* it!! :D

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I could do this all day

Post by taildraggin68 »

At any time a quick pitch change is introduced.....also when setting up cruise, changing the rpm sounds amazing as you ease out the pitch control :D In fact it seems initialy anyway that all the accusim sounds are a bit more immersive 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

That's a brand new feature with the 182, and one we've been thinking about for a long time and finally did.

When on the runway, after the engine is warm, just apply full throttle, then pull it back rapidly and listen (like you would in a car if you were trying to show the engine off). It's all dynamic sounds being generated from the prop and engine internals, torque, suction, etc.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I cycle the prop at least two times at every runup due to this sound. Very nice feature A2A!!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

I noticed that too, pulling the throttle to idle I get a few pops from the exhausts aswell! there is also a nice whine/suction/whistle sound around about 1500 RPM like the Cherokee Carb sound.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”