First impressions

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
c300c
Airman

Re: First impressions

Post by c300c »

Outstanding job! Congratulations to everyone involved - this is a piece of art!
I very much enjoy comparing the C172 and the C182. I think the choice for the C182 was a great idea.

Now please excuse, I have to start the engine again.

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I can certainly confirm that the landing gear is very rugged.

I'm getting a frame-rate hit in the virtual cockpit that I don't get in the 172 or Cherokee. It's bad enough to make landings tough. I wonder if one of the new gauges or an updated gauge is to blame.

EDIT>

Looooove the sound of the engine when you bring the prop back to 2000 RPM.

mike10
Senior Airman

Post by mike10 »

I almost called into work today because of this plane. One hour before I had to leave for work it got released, I took her around the pattern a few times before I left and I have no real 182 experience but I will say the engine sounds great and it feels heavy compared to the 172 and seems to match the reported handling characteristics.

So far its awesome!

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

whoispankaj wrote:How many people are going to report sick at work after lunch??
Unfortunately, today is my Wednesday, so I can't get much play time with her before Monday. :cry:

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Tiger_Walts wrote:I'm getting a frame-rate hit in the virtual cockpit that I don't get in the 172 or Cherokee..
Me too. Other than that it's great, based on a couple of hours flight time. 8)

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

Tiger_Walts wrote:I can certainly confirm that the landing gear is very rugged.

I'm getting a frame-rate hit in the virtual cockpit that I don't get in the 172 or Cherokee. It's bad enough to make landings tough. I wonder if one of the new gauges or an updated gauge is to blame.

EDIT>

Looooove the sound of the engine when you bring the prop back to 2000 RPM.
This was almost the first thing I noticed. What would account for the difference between this and 172?
(not really complaining {well, maybe a little}, just surprised).

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

My short first flight, interrupted by a very pressing issue needing immediate attention, was wonderful. I hope to get more time this evening to fully put the skylane through her paces, but very first impressions? Way to go A2A...Job well done :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys,

those mentioning fps hit, can you give us more details. For example are you running a third party GPS in the cockpit?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Having oodles of fun so far! Anyone noticing a curious tendency to veer right during cruise?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Hey Lewis, In FSX, utx usa, no weather or aftermarket gps, an occasional stutter, tried with and without hsi and changing in between stock gps units with no luck...none of the other problems reported with tow feature or any CTD's.

In regards to right turn tendency, yes a slight tendency in cruise @3500 AGL, 26" MP and 2300 RPM, but it isn't over bearing or anything.

Other wise with only 45 minutes thus far with the airplane, she handles very well, sounds amazing, and with only one pilot on board, full fuel, watch your speed on approach, she will float if too fast :oops: and I do like the 182 nose heavy feel....spot on :D

therabbit911
Airman Basic

Post by therabbit911 »

This has always been my favorite airplane and have been so lucky in the past to get to fly this exact model. Its excellent in every way I look at it. The one thing that really sticks out for me though is the sound you get when you are cycling the propeller during run-up. 100% real, I've waited for a long time for a GA aircraft with a constant speed prop to make that authentic sound when you are cycling the prop during ground checks and this one has that. Great job A2A!

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Another masterpiece from A2A!!

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Just to add some more observations now that I've had some time with her in P3DV2.4.

1. The flight characteristics are so true that I felt just like I was flying in a C182 again -- WOW. That is just so impressive.

2. The sound is mind boggling! I have the Bose Companion 3 Series II PC speakers with the bass speaker on the floor just in front of the pedals. When the engine gets into that phase where it drums along, the vibrations on my feet are just what you feel in real flight! Gotta love it! :D :D

I am so very pleased with this new A2A Masterpiece.

(No FPS hit at all - I have my system locked at 33FPS and they stay in that range during all phases of the flights I have taken so far.)
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Can anyone join this First Impressions party? 1st impression: Couldn't start the thing and keep it going even with the manual on my other monitor. Mmm. Ah! Don't forget to install the latest Accu sim update. :roll: Still no joy. Searching the forum I discovered that updates are no longer version numbers but dates. I had installed V2. :? Finally installed the latest update.(bored yet?) By this time, to hell with proper procedures, hit the dumbo starter.
What a noise! To date, the best engine sound ever. Growls like a-a-very growly thing. Love it. Anyone who thinks this is just a bigger 172 has got a surprise coming.
I can see a lot of learning to get the best out of it, but it'll be worth it.

FPS I don't know about, never look at 'em. But smoooothness abounds. :D

Oh and I can state categorically, that online flying is first class. Not even close to flooding, in fact, in the realms of default aircraft.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Guys,

those mentioning fps hit, can you give us more details. For example are you running a third party GPS in the cockpit?

thanks,
Lewis
Im getting a frame rate hit too. I'm doing nothing different than I do with the 172 or Cherokee. Using the RXP530 or default GPS doesnt matter. Taxing around my FBO (KSNA by Shez) which is by no means a heavy hitting airport, (also I run photoscenery with autogen off)
its about the same same performance as the PMDG aircraft. Its doable, but just not smooth like your 172,Cherokee, P51, Spit, P40, or Boeing. Hopefully there is a fix for this coming soon. I haven't tried the 182 at a heavy hitter airport yet, kinda afraid to at this point. Great aircraft in all other respects. My System specs below.

Asus P8P67 Pro
Intel 2700k @ 5.0ghz
8gb Corsair Vengance
PCP&C 800w power supply
EVGA GTX670 w/4gb Vram
4xSSD drives

FSX Gold Edition
Activesky Next
Opus
REX
FEX
EZdok