First impressions

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Mazo
Technical Sergeant

First impressions

Post by Mazo »

Just completed my maiden flight and all I can say is that A2A has hit the bulls-eye again! Most of my flight time, as a "working" passenger I must add, has been in a T182RG so this feels a lot like home. My friend always said that the182 flew "heavy" in comparison to the C172 and that was the first sensation I noticed during the flight. How A2A can simulate this feeling is beyond me but I am very happy that they have these great talents. :D Greased the landing with no floating -- wish my B17 crew could have been there to compliment me on my skills :lol:

Thanks to all the A2A team and beta testers - great job!

Now to read and practice some more!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Ryder54
Airman Basic

Re: First impressions

Post by Ryder54 »

Just Superb!!!

Thank you to ALL involved, another stunning GA aircraft!
ImageImage

whoispankaj
Airman

Post by whoispankaj »

Guys put comments on gps integrations if you are using any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amoun
Airman

Post by Amoun »

Even just idling and listening to the engine is a pleasure.:) The only downside I see to owning this plane is that I won't want to go back to the 172R. The Cherokee, sure... but the 172R... probably not.

Great job A2A.

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

I can just say one thing about this aircraft: WOW!!! :P

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Amoun wrote:The only downside I see to owning this plane is that I won't want to go back to the 172R. The Cherokee, sure... but the 172R... probably not.

Great job A2A.
I thought the same, but somehow I missed the little one after a while and I fly C172 from time to time. :)

whoispankaj
Airman

Post by whoispankaj »

How many people are going to report sick at work after lunch??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Absolutely outstanding job as allways A2A! You guys ARE the best in the business FACT! :D I was very surprised when it was released today, I was expecting Monday!
I loaded her up at the 182 factory in independence and took her up for a spin around the local area, beautiful aircraft! It took me about 45 mins to find the headphone socket lol! And as Mazo said, I also noticed a very different feel from the Cherokee, a very heavy chunky quality feel to it! You can really feel the weight difference and I agree, don't know how you do it but, keep doing what your doing, it's amazing!
And that engine sound :shock: :D M mm mmmmmm!
All the best, John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Just bought it, installed it and gave it a quick test- impressive! Love the sounds- had no problems flying and the landing was a greaser, with only a little float... Gotta watch that tail though, I think I scraped it while seeing how long I could hold the nose up :mrgreen:

Now I get to go to work for just about the rest of the weekend, ugh.

Joe
Joe

Jettrader
Airman

Post by Jettrader »

Hello guys,

having "real-life" hours on the C182C, C182H and C182Q I absolutely love this new bird.
Although I wished for A2A to create an older Cessna model - I must say, I feel right at home in this cockpit.
The engine sound is soooo familiar and flying characteristics are very authentic.
Just the ground handling seems to be a little bit odd - the rudder during taxi seems way too sluggish and unresponsive...

I think - once the paintkit is released - I'll recreate "N1940X" and virtually fly my grand canyon trip with it.

Lovely bird, bringing back some good memories!

Greetings from Germany
Johann

JanekBln
Airman Basic

Re: AW: First impressions

Post by JanekBln »

Awesome product, many thanks.
Let's build a multi engine GA. :roll:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jettrader wrote:Just the ground handling seems to be a little bit odd - the rudder during taxi seems way too sluggish and unresponsive...
Jettrader, in the real 182 cockpit, the way the rudder pedals are angled, pressing the rudder left or right makes your toe automatically apply differential brake. You know this because, if you place your toes on the bottom of the rudder pedals and just use the rudder, the turn circle radius is very wide.

So, you need to get used to applying a little bit of brake with rudder.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

My first impression:

Dat cockpit! It just looks so good, it's just as good as an Audi, almost :D And the Pre-Flight Inspection, Manual, Hangar, Payload Manager, .. -> Fantastic. Now the most important point: It's powerful. Really powerful. And the Skylane is very smooth when flying (and powerful!). I was really confused about the circuit breakers, because I don't understand them, but okay, these were my first hours on the Skylane, but it won't be my last! Thanks A2A, you are much better than PMDG, you're the best! Thanks, just amazing! :)

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Hey, just bought my first P3D payware aircraft.

Took it for a quick flight and managed not to crash it. Very nice although have to read up on it.

Also found that I hadn't mapped half of what I should have on my joystick in P3D (so no trim, and controlling prop speed, mixture and flaps with the mouse).

Also I lost the runway but happily I'd turned the gns400 on and it showed me where it was :oops:

Anyway, off to read. Thanks to all at A2A.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Sazoga wrote:Dat cockpit! It just looks so good, it's just as good as an Audi
Hey, I have the Audi. :D

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”