One question before purchasing..

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

One question before purchasing..

Post by Alfredson007 »

I think i am going to buy it anyway but i must ask this first...

How sensitivity the A2A C182 is at flare/landing take off etc compared to A2A C172? I always found the C172 to be tad too sensitive for my taste/controller setup... The 180 Cherokee on the anotherhand has felt near perfect all the time....

I presume and hope that C182 feels tad heavier?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: One question before purchasing..

Post by Scott - A2A »

It has a higher wing loading, like the Cherokee, so flare will be less sensitive. Also, I think it's worth mentioning, I feel the same way about the real 172. I find it too sensitive on flare (first time I over flare), while the Cherokee and 182 are easier.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Ah, that's nice to hear. Especially with my yoke that tends to be sticky, oversensitivity in the flare can be really annoying for me. That's very interesting about the real 172, Scott. I love both the 172 and the Cherokee (and the Cub), so I can't wait to try out the 182! :D

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Yes, it is less sensitive, but still similar, but that's very expected. It looks and sounds beautiful, and it will be very nice IFR cruiser, but that said, the Cherokee will still easily be my first choice when just having fun, it still is the best plane for me, love it so much. But the C182 will be perfect for IFR, never liked the cherokee as a IFR plane.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Also folks remember you can tweak those control surface settings with something like FSUPIC
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”