Ideas for the future.

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
briansommers
Airman First Class

Ideas for the future.

Post by briansommers »

I'm sure this has NOT been modeled in this initial release but I wanted to throw this out there to be considered in the future.

For us folks who are not real world pilots I think it would be a real eye opener to simulate an invoice every time we 'visit' the 'garage.'

I would like to see part cost breakdown as well as labor cost. To be super cool this info (parts, labor, etc) could be in a .txt file where users could modify it based on where they are at in the real world. I'm sure getting something fixed/changed/repaired at a large major airport is a lot more expensive then say at a little regional airport.

Also, it would be great to simulate time. How many days will it take to do the repairs? etc. I do this anyway on my own. It would be nice to see it in the sim.

And another thing. I would like to see each tail number treated like a separate aircraft.
If I'm having 'work' done on N12345 then I should be able to 'rent' the N5543S until the other one is ready.

Just trying to keep pushing you guys into further greatness.
Thanks.

bastins
Senior Airman

Re: Ideas for the future.

Post by bastins »

briansommers wrote:And another thing. I would like to see each tail number treated like a separate aircraft.
I think I've seen this brought up a number of times before, and I would absolutely love to see it added. You can currently do it manually by switching DAT files, but I've already lost count of all the times I forgot and got things messed up.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys,

thanks for the comments. For the .dat file stuff we have something we have been looking into that will do some .dat bits and more. No release or further details at the moment, but it is something we have cooking to see how it pans out.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Just to add, How about a G1000 expansion? Maybe with the Mindstar G1000
M.Carter
Private Pilot

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

caribpilot wrote:Just to add, How about a G1000 expansion? Maybe with the Mindstar G1000
I don't know about G1000. It's such a complex piece of software that to model it with A2A levels of fidelity would probably take as much development resources as a whole aircraft (not to mention extra costs for licensing and getting access to the guts of the unit), but would, I suspect, do HUGE damage to framerates and performance if you try to simulate it as part of a full Accusimmed aircraft. As I also saw mentioned elsewhere, there's a lot of functionality and user interface with the system that would apparently be difficult to interact with using on-screen mouse commands in a VC.

Frankly I'm not too keen on the idea in general. Though I don't speak for the company, I think the primary purpose of Accusim is to bring the fidelity and the visceral feel of a small aircraft into a desktop simulator as much as possible. Complex avionics, glass cockpits, and fancy gadgets are not really in the scope of what A2A is trying to accomplish. If you're looking to play with glass and avionics and switches everywhere, PMDG's big jet products are the way to go if you ask me.

Edit: Which is EXACTLY what I just saw Scott post in the First Look thread. Guess it turns out I'm not a total moron!

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

briansommers wrote:Also, it would be great to simulate time. How many days will it take to do the repairs? etc. I do this anyway on my own. It would be nice to see it in the sim.
Well, part deliveries take time, too. What about simulating it? How do you see this in the sim? The Aerosoft Diamond DA-20 simulates this crap... it is really crap! Because it is just about sitting and looking at the rotating wrench icon for 20 minutes, when you cannot do anything.

tttocs
Airman First Class

Post by tttocs »

ilya1502 wrote:Well, part deliveries take time, too. What about simulating it? How do you see this in the sim? The Aerosoft Diamond DA-20 simulates this crap... it is really crap! Because it is just about sitting and looking at the rotating wrench icon for 20 minutes, when you cannot do anything.
Yeah, it's awfully easy to get carried away with this stuff. My Turbo Arrow was down for over 4 months while my shop and I scoured the countryside searching for a gear squat switch that had failed preventing gear retraction right in the middle of one of Piper Aircraft's downturns when many parts simply weren't available. I've had annuals that lasted for almost a quarter of the year for similar reasons.

There are some parts of ownership that you really DO NOT need/want to simulate. Really.

Scott

twharrell
Airman First Class

Post by twharrell »

EnDSchultz wrote:
caribpilot wrote:Just to add, How about a G1000 expansion? Maybe with the Mindstar G1000
I don't know about G1000. It's such a complex piece of software that to model it with A2A levels of fidelity would probably take as much development resources as a whole aircraft (not to mention extra costs for licensing and getting access to the guts of the unit), but would, I suspect, do HUGE damage to framerates and performance if you try to simulate it as part of a full Accusimmed aircraft. As I also saw mentioned elsewhere, there's a lot of functionality and user interface with the system that would apparently be difficult to interact with using on-screen mouse commands in a VC.

Frankly I'm not too keen on the idea in general. Though I don't speak for the company, I think the primary purpose of Accusim is to bring the fidelity and the visceral feel of a small aircraft into a desktop simulator as much as possible. Complex avionics, glass cockpits, and fancy gadgets are not really in the scope of what A2A is trying to accomplish. If you're looking to play with glass and avionics and switches everywhere, PMDG's big jet products are the way to go if you ask me.

Edit: Which is EXACTLY what I just saw Scott post in the First Look thread. Guess it turns out I'm not a total moron!

You certainly have every right to your opinion, so please don't take this any other way other than just someone offering a counter-argument. Glass cockpits are no longer just for airliners. The G1000 has been standard equipment on every Skylane manufactured since 2005. A2A wouldn't have to create anything new except the panel. Mindstar already has a high fidelity G1000 that, even today, is being continuously updated. What's really cool is the G1000 software you and I can purchase from Mindstar for $50 is the same software that is being used in the Redbird simulator that you find in so many flight schools. Imagine working on your instrument or commercial ratings in a G1000-equipped aircraft and then being able to come home and practice actual procedures in your A2A C182 with Mindstar G1000. If I were A2A, I would offer that panel option at an additional price, say $15. Do the same for the C172. I guarantee you people would buy it. I already own a copy of the G1000 software and would love to be able to use it it a high quality GA aircraft addon.

Cheers,

Todd

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”