Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by Dooga »

taildraggin68 wrote:It doesn't :D say anything about turbo but the vid does state the model is a 182 T.
The T is just a model variant/iteration, like L, M, N or P. Turbo models are called T182 (T before the numbers, not after).

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

A turbo charged cessna has the T in front of the 182 Hence Cessna T182

This is a cessna 182T which is a fuel injected 230HP Lycoming 540 engine

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Wow..just wow! You guys have created another winner. A2A truly is the best.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

k1fox
Airman Basic

Post by k1fox »

Didn't see this one coming either. Excited. Was wondering when the next plane was going to be released but I felt it was before the end of the year and a more powerful GA aircraft. Glad to see the 182 done as it currently one the most popular GA aircraft being flown today and also happy to see its the latest model. It was also fun to see you guys ( the community) get excited too :P

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

Superb! Excellent! Champion! Ace A2A!!!
And to all the peeps disappointed because 'this is just a bigger 172' ... this is a TOTALLY different aircraft which is a quantum leap upwards in complexity. Just wait until you see all the forum chat/debate/argument about prop settings, manifold pressures, cowl flaps, etc, etc, etc.
Thank you A2A - Christmas has come early this year, even though we're only waving our credit cards in the air ... the anticipation is as exciting as the aquisition will be 8)
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

This video made my heart beat hard and fast! Seriously! :-D
A Skylane is such great news that I can't have words! (although I will gush them out)

I love that we can explore engine management even closer. It's such a fascinating subject! Two blade propeller for me! :-D

And what a beautiful sounding engine! An engine should have 6 or more cylinders (or 3 or fewer - indeed my car have a 602cc 2-cylinder engine) to sound good.

My credit card is ready for a dual purchase - I'm still using FSX, and I'm gladly paying for this.

Good job, A2A! When can we expect to see the manual? :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

N5039H
Airman First Class

Post by N5039H »

I have a little bit of time in a 182RG. Cant wait to add this to my hanger. I will be looking to lease this on FSE. I guess i will start look on the forums on FSE and see if i can get a good deal on a lease for this bird. I think i might even do across the pound in this bird as well...

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'm happy! :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

This is almost exactly what I've wished on the way you simulate up the food chain (if you promise the turbo will be the next! :wink: ). The 182 is one of the more familiar airplanes to me (though mostly up to older S-model), and it truly is a step towards the 'proper airplane' as I say from the 172 and the P28. It is somewhat in the workhorse category really. And it is a true, well-documented trainer for basics of flight planning and a nice IFR training platform - especially with your announced support for modern GPS units.

Already, thank you for pushing forward on your endeavor of proper simulation on the platform! I really expect to dig my oily, carbony, glycoly, paperworky and just dusty fingers into this! :)

-Esa

Tigerwulf
Airman

Post by Tigerwulf »

Very cool, can't wait for this. At first I thought urgh another high wing Cessna when there are so many other aircraft. But, this is A2A after all so unlike other companies FSX Cessnas I'm sure this will have a personallity all of her own.

Looking forward to doing another couple of skins :)
My repaints on Avsim => Here

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Lol yeah, I would have bet the V35 was next, but I bet that is being saved for later. The 182 is a great choice, and great to see virtual bush pilots finally getting a legit accusimmmed bush plane. Looking forward to tundra tires and potential for floats...with added potential for turbo and RG variations as well. A great airframe for accusim potential.

The 182 is the true workhorse of the Cessna fleet, glad to see it come to Accusim.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I would love to have a Turbo T182 RG

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Tigerwulf wrote:But, this is A2A after all so [...] I'm sure this will have a personallity all of her own.
That's exactly why I almost only buy the A2A products for these platforms. All these planes have so much that isn't even remotely captured by almost all the other simulations.

And the 182 may look the same, but it's quite a different plane from the 172!

Edit: awash2002, yeah the turbo would be cool, but I rather wait the time that it takes to properly simulate both the constant speed and the turbo separately, plus all the other systems the A2A is developing in the background, than to have a hasten simulation to have them at once. :)

-Esa

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

floats at all possibly?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Obi
Airman

Post by Obi »

taildraggin68 wrote:Wichita, Kansas, John......Good luck on your trip across :D
i think the 182 is build in Independence, Kansas. May i´m Wrong.

Scot? ;)
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”