Pictures during my pre-flight walk around?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
t-bone
Airman

Pictures during my pre-flight walk around?

Post by t-bone »

OK this happened with my C182, but I have 5 ASA Accusim GA aircraft now and this is more of a general question about all of them.

I have accumulated enough hours in my 182 that some parts a wearing out. Looking at it in the hangar (Shift+8) I see that it says both flaps are wearing out. So then before fixing it I did my walk around check (Shift+7). In doing so I could tell the when I extended the flaps and did my flap movement check there is more slop in which makes sense. However when I go to the next spot in the walk around sequence that shows the close up picture of the flap assembly it all looks normal to me. Then after I fixed both flaps I looked at the same flap pics and it looked the same.

I guess what my question is will these pictures look different if there is a problem? And if so does it depend on what the problem is? The reason I ask is a spend considerable time looking at these pictures for defects or problems, but if they never change then I should not spend too much time looking at them for issues that won't show up. I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Pictures during my pre-flight walk around?

Post by Ron Attwood »

The original version of Accu-Sim did indeed show pictures of the condition of various parts. It then went on to give you an estimate of how much it would cost to repair said parts. Unfortunately, it also included a sharp intake of breath (breath_intake.wav) and the sound of sucking teeth (teeth_sucking.wav) when a voice told you he couldn't fit it in until Tuesday week. You then clicked 'Agree with quote'. Two weeks later, you pick up your plane and are presented with a bill, payable to A2A Simulations.

At this point Scott decided that that was taking realism too far and figured we all had sufficient imagination to get by.

Hope this helps. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

Ron Attwood wrote:Two weeks later
Are you sure that wasn't just a little optimistic? ;)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the images can and will change, so worth a quick run over them to check all pins are in etc. A worn flap wouldnt show in this easy as its not an issue to spot in those images but rather things like the play in the flaps.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

yes the images can and will change, so worth a quick run over them to check all pins are in etc. A worn flap wouldnt show in this easy as its not an issue to spot in those images but rather things like the play in the flaps.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
OK great, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure and I will continue to watch the pictures. Thanks!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Ron Attwood wrote:The original version of Accu-Sim did indeed show pictures of the condition of various parts. … snip-hola … At this point Scott decided that that was taking realism too far and figured we all had sufficient imagination to get by.

Hope this helps. :D
Right on! Classic.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”