blip question and engine cutoff

The most produced aircraft that served in World War I
new reply
thewoo1
Airman First Class

blip question and engine cutoff

Post by thewoo1 »

pls correct me if I am not doing it right in this situation. When approaching airfield I blip the engine but held it too long and engine cut out. I then go to window where spin prop option is and restart it. Is this only way to restart? shouldnt prop spin any way after blip button is released? Also does prop stop during blip?Air movement doesnt keep it moving? How would a real time avro pilot do a mid air restart? Was it not possible? could those WWI planes be restarted in mid air ? I read where during some manoevers gravity fuel flow was interupted so I thought as long as fuel flowed and electrical was on prop movement would start machine.

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Re: blip question and engine cutoff

Post by lucas »

Spinning the prop this way would not be possible. To start the engine, you'd have to dive and so the prop would start rotating due to the airflow.
I am not sure if you have the A2A Piper Cub. If not, I'd highly recommend it because thanks to the Accusim module, this operation mentioned above is possible.

Those planes did not have any electrical installation, mostly. If the engine was shut down, the anemometer pump was still working due to the airflow and speed of the plane. Also, the pilot could switch to hand pump to pressurize the selected tank with air. So, if only the plane had enough altitude to start diving, the engine could be started, but it was very dangerous.

Lucas

Trachemys
Airman

Post by Trachemys »

Hi Lucas, one query, does the A2A 504k has the same chance of be getting the prop working on again after a dive like the Piper Cub with accusim has? I am thinking in purchase the 504k, is the blip system featured on this aircraft with the blip switch modeled and working on the VC? does it has oil smoke effects also? Is hard to be finding some videos on YouTube of the 504k, any news of a 504k A2A video? Thanks a lot!.

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

Hi Trachemys, i'm not lucas but i can answer those questions :)
does the A2A 504k has the same chance of be getting the prop working on again after a dive like the Piper Cub with accusim has?
Unfortunately not, thats accusim magic :)
is the blip system featured on this aircraft with the blip switch modeled and working on the VC?
The blip switch cant be toggled in the VC, but you can assign a button for it on your joystick as it uses the default fsx spoiler key
does it has oil smoke effects also?
Nope, afraid not

As for a video, i certainly havnt got the skill required to make one, so you'll have to rely on someone else making one :)

new reply

Return to “Avro 504K”