Unstable ailerons

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dsensi
Airman Basic

Unstable ailerons

Post by dsensi »

Hi all, last week I purchased the Cherokee 180. I am loving the aircraft in all aspects, except for one major issue: the yoke keeps turning randomly to right and left (ignoring the dead zone of my Saitek X52 Pro), and the when I start to turn the joystick to the right or to the left the movement is very, but very very fast, making the aircraft completely impossible to fly. My simulator is P3D, the X52 is working perfectly well for all other aircraft (Justflight, PMDG Alabeo etc.). I bought FSUIPC hoping it could solve the problem, but it didn't. Did any of you already face this problem?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Unstable ailerons

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

How are you mapping the controls and is all well in the aircraft maintenance hangar with the aircraft being fit for flight during pre-flight walkaround etc?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dsensi
Airman Basic

Post by dsensi »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums,

How are you mapping the controls and is all well in the aircraft maintenance hangar with the aircraft being fit for flight during pre-flight walkaround etc?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
Hi Lewis,

The controls were mapped in 5 places: windows 10 joystick settings, X52 app, A2A app, inside P3D, and in FSUIPC.
In the maintenance hangar, everything is fine (like new). And the aircraft is perfectly fit for takeoff.
I uninstalled A2A Cherokee, installed it again, did all the joystick settings again, and also used the A2A aircraft reset function, but none of these led to success.
The first time I set the joystick in A2A app, when I immediately loaded P3D, the Cherokee yoke remained stable. I thought the problem was solved. But when I quit P3D, the next time I loaded the aircraft the problem was back there...
Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Dario

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok, do you mean your calibrating in multiple places?

You really only need to calibrate in and map in a single place, conflicts can and will arise otherwise. What happens if you remove FSUIPC from the equation as that is one extra thing that is not needed for the basic setup so lets get back to the basics for troubleshooting of the sim the aircraft and joystick.

thanks,
Lewis

dsensi
Airman Basic

Post by dsensi »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Ok, do you mean your calibrating in multiple places?

You really only need to calibrate in and map in a single place, conflicts can and will arise otherwise. What happens if you remove FSUIPC from the equation as that is one extra thing that is not needed for the basic setup so lets get back to the basics for troubleshooting of the sim the aircraft and joystick.

thanks,
Lewis
I will try to do that as soon as I get back home today. Thanks again !

dsensi
Airman Basic

Post by dsensi »

Hi Lewis,
You were right! I am new in the flight simulation world, and I really didn't figure out the best way to configure the joystick.
What I did now: I deleted the axis assignments in A2A Input Configurator, deleted the Aileron assignment in P3D (Options/Controls/Axis Assignments), and left the Aileron axis controlled solely by FSUIPC (I enjoy their slope config). Now the yoke is working perfectly with A2A Cherokee!!! Thank you very much for your excellent help!!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha, great stuff

Happy simming in the virtual skies

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”