Ground illumination.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Grandad75
Airman

Ground illumination.

Post by Grandad75 »

Hi A2A,

This may be an old chestnut and, despite trawling though various forums including your own, I still can't find whether this issue of ground illumination has been or will be resolved for the Cherokee 180. Flying in Orbx Norway at this time of the year it most definitely needs it. Can you help? Much appreciated if you can.

I'm not taken by P3D HDR so I don't use it. However, In an attempt to resolve the problem I've enabled it just to see if that makes any difference but, to no avail.

My system uses an Nvidia GTI 660 gpu, P3D 4.3, [email protected] CPU in Windows7.

Whilst in writing, may I ask what I can expect to see in the Cherokee CFG file in the P3D sim objects folder. Doesn't seem to be much there from what I can see.

Thanks again,

Richard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ground illumination.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Richard - welcome to the A2A forums.

You don't mention exactly what the issue is that you're experiencing. I'm guessing that the landing lights don't illuminate the ground in your installation, but perhaps you could just confirm?

Please can you also let us know exactly which boxes you've got ticked on the P3Dv4 "lighting" settings page?
Grandad75 wrote:Whilst in writing, may I ask what I can expect to see in the Cherokee CFG file in the P3D sim objects folder. Doesn't seem to be much there from what I can see.
Not sure I follow - do you mean the aircraft.cfg file? If undedited, it should be about 32 KB in size.

Thanks,
Nick

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

My typo error I've just noticed. Should be P3D 3.4!!! Alas, a senior moment.

And, yes, the ground is not illuminated viewed from the cockpit or outside.

Re the CFG, gowing the usual route via C - user- Appdata - roaming - Lockheed Martin - simobjects - A2A -CFG, the folder is called 'state' and is only 1 KB. This, according to your good self, is
obviously wrong. So, maybe you can give me a clue where I'm going wring there.

Regards,

Richard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info Richard.

If it's P3Dv3 instead, that changes things a little bit. However, this question is still important.
Nick - A2A wrote:Please can you also let us know exactly which boxes you've got ticked on the P3D[v3] "lighting" settings page?
For P3Dv3, it's really just the "landing lights illuminate ground" setting which should be ticked. However, if I recall correctly (it's a while since I've used v3) you can also configure default or custom 3-D landing lights via the A2A C182 Aircraft Configurator. Please can you check which option is selected there too?
Grandad75 wrote:Re the CFG, gowing the usual route via C - user- Appdata - roaming - Lockheed Martin - simobjects - A2A -CFG, the folder is called 'state' and is only 1 KB. This, according to your good self, is obviously wrong. So, maybe you can give me a clue where I'm going wring there.
The "state.cfg" is a different file to the "aircraft.cfg". It's a small system file generated by P3D when you load the aircraft and 1 KB is about right, so nothing to worry about here. :)

Thanks,
Nick

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Excellent, many thanks indeed.

I'll take a look tomorrow and report back if necessary.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Riichard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. Apologies if I'm a bit slow in getting back to you if you post over the next couple of days; I'll be on the road quite a bit.

Thanks,
Nick

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Hello again,

All boxes ticked in P3D 3.4 for ground illumination so looking at the outside of the Cherokee it shows a beam of light but in a horizontal and not pointing down. I understand there should be an option to customize the light in the Cherokee Aircraft Configuration but mine does show this listed. Is there an update available to correct this? If so, then I'd be delighted to get this resolved at last.

As my purchase was for the P3D only, where can I find the folder containing the full CFG? As we discussed this before, all I can find is the 'state' so I need some help here too.

Your help much very appreciated.

Richard.

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Regarding my last, once agaiin a senior moment strikes as I've found the Cherokee CFG. Your patience must be near exhaustion.

I've noticed in the CFG the electrical section. The landing light is not particularly strong and I wondered if this could be made brighter by changing in the CFG.
The light still appears horizontal though.

I did notice something odd which may not be A2A related but possibly in Chase Plane cameras. Outside views show the light but not in the VC camera view. I'll have to find out more there.

All these red herrings!

Thanks again,

Richard.

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Hello again.

Found my way around your forum and discovered the latest update which covered the Cherokee amongst others. Downloaded, installed and all issues sorted.

Now we're cooking with gas! :D

Landing lights ablaze as seen from the cockpit! :D

Many thanks for your patience.

Richard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Richard,

Good to hear that you've resolved the issue. Thanks for keeping us updated and sorry I could only just get back to you this evening. :)

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”