Issues in P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AviatorMan
Airman

Issues in P3Dv4

Post by AviatorMan »

Have not been flying on P3Dv4 for last few months, and yesterday decided to restart the sim. Everything seems to be working okay for all aircraft except my A2A birds: Cherokee and Comanche. I have installed them in my P3Dv4 folder, not the suggested user/documents, etc. When I start the sim and choose the Cherokee or the Comanche, a number of problems. First of all none of my Saitek controllers are working (Yoke, Pedals, Quadrant, Trim Wheel). But the mouse is able to work the switches and controls. Tried to start the plae, but battery seems to be dead. Went to the maintenance hangar, and yes battery dead and most other systems damaged as well. Tried to do a complete overhaul, and nothing happens. Tried to fix the items individually, and also nothing happened. Every other aircraft and addon is working fine.

You may suggest, why don't I install in the recommended folder? I did that first. The sim did not even recognise the two aircraft at all.

Any help will be appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Issues in P3Dv4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Please can you let us know if you're using the Cherokee and Comanche product installers for Prepar3D v4 which were released in May of this year, or older versions of the installers?

If you have the new installers, your A2A aircraft will show version 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

If you don't already have them, switching to these installers is the best bet. More info on getting hold of them can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello,

Please can you let us know if you're using the Cherokee and Comanche product installers for Prepar3D v4 which were released in May of this year, or older versions of the installers?

If you have the new installers, your A2A aircraft will show version 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

If you don't already have them, switching to these installers is the best bet. More info on getting hold of them can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick
Hello Mick

I was not able to show the version number, but the installers as downloaded and unzipped were dated 14 and 15 June 2017. So I assume I do not have the latest?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, those will be the previous versions of the installer AviatorMan. If you originally purchased from the A2A store, please follow the steps described in the thread I linked above to get hold of the new ones. If you purchased from another retailer, you should be able to download the new installers from their website. (Except the FlightSim Store - see here.)

If you have any further questions on getting hold of the updated installers, please let us know. Once you downloaded them, there's some further tips here on the installation process itself.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to add to Nicks response too, make sure to read and follow the installer instructions, we would advise against installing into P3D folders as the software is designed to work outside of this area as P3Dv4 is designed by Lockheed to have add-ons external to its own directory, allowing P3D to be updated without having to reinstall all your add-ons as they are all external kept in the directory of your choice.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Nick - A2A wrote:Yes, those will be the previous versions of the installer AviatorMan. If you originally purchased from the A2A store, please follow the steps described in the thread I linked above to get hold of the new ones. If you purchased from another retailer, you should be able to download the new installers from their website. (Except the FlightSim Store - see here.)

If you have any further questions on getting hold of the updated installers, please let us know. Once you downloaded them, there's some further tips here on the installation process itself.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick

Have followed the instructions to register for a new customer account, and gave email addresses I believe I used on my previous A2A customer account, which should have my earlier orders. I understand that my newly registered account would have these earlier orders added. 24 hours later the new account still shows no orders. Should it take longer than this and I just need to be patient for awhile more? I am looking forward to purchasing the new V-Bonanza, but wanted to wait until my A2A account is straightened out and my previously purchased Comanche and Cherokee are up and running.

Thanks,
Mike

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Did you complete the form to have your old account migrated to the new store?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Provided you've filled in that Google form in the thread I linked above, please just hang in there a bit longer. Lewis has to manually transfer account details across and individually award customers their 'A2A flying hours'.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please double check and make sure you information on the form is correct, if not just fill out the form again. If the information is not correct and results in no new account being found or no old orders being found the form is skipped. You may also place order numbers on the form and I can get your orders moved that way if you are unsure of past emails used on the old store. Don't be worried about submitting more than one form.

thanks,
Lewis

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Good news! my new account has now had my previous A2A orders restored. I have downloaded the latest Cherokee installer and have attempted to install it per instructions, in a folder outside the P3Dv4 folder. When I run the installer it has noticed that there are previous A2A products installed in the P3Dv4 folder, and that I must uninstall these, including all related folders and rerun P3Dv4. Did all of this, then attempted to install again, and the same notice keeps showing - that existing A2A products are in the P3Dv4 folder, and that I MUST install the Cherokee in the same folder or remove the existing products, all related products, etc, run P3Dv4 again, close P3Dv4, then rerun the installer. I did this three or four times, double checking just to make sure all A2A P3Dv4 products and related folders are removed. Same result. So at this point the installer is insisting that I install in the P3Dv4 folder because it falsely thinks I have A2A products already installed there.

It looks as if the only thing I can do is install in the P3Dv4 folder, against the Lockheed Martin recommendation. I don't want to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like you just need to manually remove leftover files from the old installation. This should just be a case of deleting the entire "A2A' folder in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4".

After doing this, please launch Prepar3D once to refresh its add-on.cfg files and then try running the new installers.

Thanks,
Nick

AviatorMan
Airman

Post by AviatorMan »

Everything is installed now and working. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear Mike. Thanks for the update.

Best regards,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Excellent, happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”