Taxi trouble with the Piper

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MatsHellman
Airman Basic

Taxi trouble with the Piper

Post by MatsHellman »

Hi all,

I have not used my A2A for quite a while flying the tubes but looking into some GA fun again and tried out my Piper. For some reason it is nearly impossible to taxi, requires full throttle to get it moving and turning is really slow. Radius of maybe 50m to turn 90 degrees.

Came to the forums to find if its my P3Dv4 or something else and saw the new installer might fix it. I applied for an account in the new store yesterday but still nothing and I'm wondering if it is only the installer or is there something else I can try to get it working properly? Using FSUIPC5 to assign all axis for the controllers.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mats Hellman

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Taxi trouble with the Piper

Post by Nick - A2A »

HI Mats,

Chances are the new installer will resolve the issue for you. However, Lewis is currently on holiday, so it may take a little longer than usual to get your old store purchases transferred to the new store. In the meantime, if you're really keen to get back in the Cherokee, you can download and install the Accu-Sim update here. It should work fine with the original Cherokee installer.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I've managed to get a few hours here and there whilst on the family hols and I am pretty up to date with the store migration and the FSS issues too. Hopefully you are all transferred over and flying with the latest installer and updates by now.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ammjay2
Airman Basic

Post by Ammjay2 »

Help !! This taxi issue with the Cherokee 180 is a serious problem.
I noticed it after installing P3D V4.3, although I think other people had it earlier. As you can see from the forums, particularly Avsim, it is quite a widespread problem.

You probably already know the symptoms - rudder pedals are only 30% effective; more power is needed; and the turning circle is about 50 metres !

I have spent three full days trying to sort the problem out. I have now done a full reinstall of P3D v4. As far as I know all updates are now completed. I’ve reinstalled the Cherokee. Still no better. I am now desperate and out of ideas !!

Where do we go from here ??

Ammjay2

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Ammjay2 - welcome to the forums.

The issue you describe is probably one caused by a change in angular units which Lockheed Martin made between v4.0 and v4.1 of Prepar3D.

Please can you let us know if you've downloaded a copy of the new installer for the Cherokee which was released back in May of this year? If you have, it'll show the version number 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

The same version number can also be verified in the file properties of the installer .exe file itself.

Also, do you use any other software which may be relevant such as EZdok or FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Piper's pregnant. That's probably why she's having problems .... :D :D :D
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Ammjay2
Airman Basic

Post by Ammjay2 »

Nick
Many thanks for your reply.

First the easy bit :
a) I don't use FSUIPC
b) I checked Ezdok for the 'fuselage shake' setting which some users have found to cause the problem - it was already on zero so probably was not an issue. I have uninstalled EZdok completely to avoid any complications from that direction.

Second, the difficult bit :
I checked 'Apps and Features' as you suggested and there was an A2A Folder but it had a date of 6/11/18, so was clearly part of, or modified by, my activity last night. The only option on it was 'uninstall', so it must be active.
I continued searching and came across a Zip file which led to an .EXE file : A2A_Update_9_16_18.EXE
I ran this but it prompted me to abandon the exercise as "a new update tool is available from Windows > Start Menu which will run automatically on installation"
If you ignore this the .EXE tries to find a valid installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator, which it declares 'not found'.

I have a feeling that I might have picked up the update version 18.4.22.0 without realising (although can't find it!).
I reinstalled the Cherokee P3D v4 Academic, ran P3D, and the rudder problem still existed.

As you can tell, I am wandering around in the wilderness and need advice from someone like yourself, who actually
knows what they are doing !

Regards

Ammjay2

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info Ammjay2.

I think we still need to try and get to the bottom of exactly which version of the Cherokee you have installed. Please can you let us know where you purchased the product from, and roughly how long ago you last downloaded the installer?

As mentioned, the latest installers were only released back in May of this year, so if you downloaded prior to then, it point to you having an outdated version.

Thanks,
Nick

Ammjay2
Airman Basic

Post by Ammjay2 »

Nick

Reference our previous posts, I've searched every corner of the PC and can't identify any installer beyond A2A_Update_9_16_18.EXE (described in my previous post). Also, following your advice I have searched 'Apps & Features' and, using Windows 10, there is no apparent 'version number'.

I think the conclusion is that I have not downloaded the update.

This brings me on to an admin problem. I purchased the Cherokee in 2016 via FlightSim Store (!).
I have challenged them about the fact that no May 2018 update was provided. However, no answer.

Can A2A provide the update to me directly ?? Obviously, if there is a charge I would be happy to pay.

Regards
Annjay2

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You can migrate to A2A in this one case, by following the directions here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=65835
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Annjay2,

Sorry I've been a bit slow in responding to your latest post, but yes, if you haven't already done so, please check out out the post linked by Oracle427. Because the FlightSimStore no longer appear to be supporting their customers, we're providing replacement installers via transfer of FSS purchases to an A2A store account.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”