RXP GTN 650 not available in 180 Aircraft Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mryan75
Airman

RXP GTN 650 not available in 180 Aircraft Configurator

Post by mryan75 »

So strange one here:

I have the 180 (yes, it's the latest version, I bout it in June-ish, maybe July) and the RXP GTN 650. When I launch the Aircraft Configurator, the Reality XP is grayed out, but the FLIGHT1 650, which I don't even have, is available to select.

And it gets weirder: I can select the F1 650, and it works in the plane, but only as a pop-out unit. It will not work in the panel in the VC, which is what I want.

So I can select and use the GPS I don't have but not the one I do have, and the one I don't have works, but only as a pop-out. It's just bizarre. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, so I lied - I installed it on May 15, so I may have to update it to the latest version of the aircraft? Maybe that's it?
Last edited by mryan75 on 03 Aug 2018, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: RXP GTN 650 not available in 180 Aircraft Configurator

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

This is simply because the Cherokee currently doesn't include native support for the RealityXP GTN units, only the Flight 1 versions (along with both RXP and Flight 1 GNS units).

It's possible this will be addressed with a future update, but bear in mind that the RXP GTNs were released a long time after the Cherokee.

In the meantime, I can recommend the RealityXP support forum on Avsim as a good source of info. For example, this topic may be helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello,

This is simply because the Cherokee currently doesn't include native support for the RealityXP GTN units, only the Flight 1 versions (along with both RXP and Flight 1 GNS units).

It's possible this will be addressed with a future update, but bear in mind that the RXP GTNs were released a long time after the Cherokee.

In the meantime, I can recommend the RealityXP support forum on Avsim as a good source of info. For example, this topic may be helpful.

Thanks,
Nick
Many, many thanks for that link, Kimasabe.

mryan75
Airman

Post by mryan75 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
Nick
Incidentally, does that mean it does include native support for the Flight1 650? I forget why I chose the RXP, but there was a reason. This is basically the only plane I use in P3D, so if the functionality of the F1 GNS is better I would consider buying it.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”