piper 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
johnf2222
Airman Basic

piper 180

Post by johnf2222 »

Master switch not activating. everything else working properly. What am I doing wrong.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: piper 180

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome,

If you're talking about the battery master, it might be worth checking the state of the battery in the maintenance hangar.

If it's the radio master, please check the individual radio units are each switched on.

In either case, you should also check the circuit breakers.

Finally, if you can give a bit more info (for instance which sim platform are you using?) it'll be much easier to provide support.

Thanks,
Nick

johnf2222
Airman Basic

Post by johnf2222 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello and welcome,

If you're talking about the battery master, it might be worth checking the state of the battery in the maintenance hangar.

If it's the radio master, please check the individual radio units are each switched on.

In either case, you should also check the circuit breakers.

Finally, if you can give a bit more info (for instance which sim platform are you using?) it'll be much easier to provide support.

Thanks,
Nick
Thank you for responding so quickly. I am using fsx, the other problem is, l cannot access any of the other window. When l press shift 1,2,3 etc, therefore l cannot get into the maintenance hangar. I have tried re loading the program twice but each time the battery master will not activate. Thank for your help in advance.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thank you for the extra info.

Please can you start by downloading and installing the Accu-Sim update available here if you haven't already done this.

Also, please can you let us know which version of FSX you're using as it makes a difference to some of the potential troubleshooting steps. For instance is it the boxed edition of FSX, FSX with the Acceleration add-on, or the Steam Edition of FSX?

Thanks,
Nick

johnf2222
Airman Basic

Post by johnf2222 »

johnf2222 wrote:Master switch not activating. everything else working properly. What am I doing wrong.
Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thank you for the extra info.

Please can you start by downloading and installing the Accu-Sim update available here if you haven't already done this.

Also, please can you let us know which version of FSX you're using as it makes a difference to some of the potential troubleshooting steps. For instance is it the boxed edition of FSX, FSX with the Acceleration add-on, or the Steam Edition of FSX?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick:

Thank you again for quick response. Well, l got the battery master switch to activate after downloading the link you sent me,but now I get no ignition of the engine. I still am unable to get into any of the other windows hanger etc. l have the boxed version of Fsx. Thank you very much for the help.
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

Please can you follow the advice about reinstalling the SimConnect client mentioned in the FAQ thread.
UNRESOLVED ISSUE
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.

How to fix SimConnect:

- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Also, please can you check that the transparency of the 2-D windows hasn't accidentally been set to 100%. You can check this setting via the standard FSX menus: options → settings → display → aircraft tab.

Thanks,
Nick

johnf2222
Airman Basic

Post by johnf2222 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi John,

Please can you follow the advice about reinstalling the SimConnect client mentioned in the FAQ thread.
UNRESOLVED ISSUE
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.

How to fix SimConnect:

- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Also, please can you check that the transparency of the 2-D windows hasn't accidentally been set to 100%. You can check this setting via the standard FSX menus: options → settings → display → aircraft tab.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
First of all thank you for all your help. Tried what you said to do from the links you sent me. no luck. still cannot get the ignition to activate. I think I am going to put the program down as a loss. Thank you again for all your help
john

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is your FSX updated itself?

It sounds like your FSX itself is not working/loading correctly this can be an unfortunate common issue with the older box version.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”