Wheel pants and speed mods

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
David S
Airman Basic

Wheel pants and speed mods

Post by David S »

I want to add wheel pants to my Cherokee 180 and I cannot find anything in the A2A Pilot's Manual. I already have a PA 28-180 original Piper Aircraft Pilot Manual and I don't need a reprint from A2A. There doesn't seem to be any instructions on how to use the A2A PA 28-180 download or how to set up different mods that I think are included in the product. The add's and videos for the download show Knots 2 You speed mods and photos of the wheel pants but I cannot determine how to add them. I wish there were instructions on how to use the A2A download. I also did a search of the forum and cannot find any discussion of how to install speed mods and wheel pants. It would be nice if there was a readme file included with the download that has some instructions.

Can anyone shoot me a how too?

Thanks all,
David

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Wheel pants and speed mods

Post by ratty »

David S wrote:I want to add wheel pants to my Cherokee 180 and I cannot find anything in the A2A Pilot's Manual. I already have a PA 28-180 original Piper Aircraft Pilot Manual and I don't need a reprint from A2A. There doesn't seem to be any instructions on how to use the A2A PA 28-180 download or how to set up different mods that I think are included in the product. The add's and videos for the download show Knots 2 You speed mods and photos of the wheel pants but I cannot determine how to add them. I wish there were instructions on how to use the A2A download. I also did a search of the forum and cannot find any discussion of how to install speed mods and wheel pants. It would be nice if there was a readme file included with the download that has some instructions.

Can anyone shoot me a how too?

Thanks all,
David
A2A manual , page 99. Open the Maintenance Hangar, Shift 7, clickable pants on the bottom right.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David,

Yes, as ratty says, the final section of the A2A Pilot's Manual covers the custom functions available through the 2-D panels which are available in the sim. The 'Maintenance Hangar' which can be opened with the Shift 7 key combo is the one you'll need in this case.

Thanks,
Nick

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Just to add to what others said: a quick forum search brought up what I suppose you are referring to when you’re saying “speed mod”:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... it=Kts+mph

Best regards,
Oliver

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

By "speed mods" we're just talking about fairings and gap seals and so on to help the aircraft cruise faster Oliver. However, thanks for the link - the modified ASI textures may also be useful to the OP. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

David S wrote:The add's and videos for the download show Knots 2
;-)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, 'Knots 2U' is the name of a company that makes the various fairings and things. One of A2A's 'corporate sponsors' I believe. :D

Cheers,
Nick
Last edited by Nick - A2A on 10 Jul 2018, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Got it :-)

David S
Airman Basic

Post by David S »

Thanks for the help guys. I loaded and saved the wheel pants. Page 99 of the manual only discusses general maintenance and makes no mention of wheel pants or speed fairings. Oh, wait! The picture does show the pants and fairings. Silly me, I read the text instead of looking at the picture.

Thanks Ratty and Nick,
David

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

David S wrote:Thanks for the help guys. I loaded and saved the wheel pants. Page 99 of the manual only discusses general maintenance and makes no mention of wheel pants or speed fairings. Oh, wait! The picture does show the pants and fairings. Silly me, I read the text instead of looking at the picture.

Thanks Ratty and Nick,
David
A2A old-timers like myself know that's how the Maintenence Hangars work. If truth be told, the 180 manual only really sort of alludes to the fact that you can change things in the hangar. :D

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”