GTN Complete Home/DTO bezel buttons unreliable in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

GTN Complete Home/DTO bezel buttons unreliable in VC

Post by shortspecialbus »

Hi,

I debated where to post this, since I'm seeing it in all of my A2A planes. Basically, with the GTN 750 in Prepar3D v4 in any A2A plane, the bezel buttons in the VC for Home and the DTO don't work reliably. I have to frantically click the mouse to get them to trigger. If I pop-out the panel by clicking in the lower left of the bezel, I can click either Home or DTO easily. I'm not sure when this started, but it's affecting all of my A2A planes, and falls under the "Annoyance" category for me since the pop-up workaround isn't the end of the world.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a fix? I've tried disabling and re-enabling the GTN in the A2A configs, it didn't seem to help. I'm on P3Dv4.2 now, although I experienced this in 4.1 and I think maybe even 4.0 as well, using whatever the latest update of the Flight1 GTN Complete is, since it wouldn't work otherwise. Aside from this bezel button issue, I have no problems with it in the A2A planes. I also am not experiencing the issue in, say, the RealAir Lancair or Milviz Beaver. only A2A stuff.

Thanks,

-stefan

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Re: GTN Complete Home/DTO bezel buttons unreliable in VC

Post by guillaume78150 »

I faced the same and fixed it by reinstalling GTN. But be aware Flight1 changed their product and GTN650 and 750 are now bundled together. I had to re-download with my former license nr.
Maybe worth to have a look on their support forum.
Hope it helps.

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Hmm, I just did a full reinstall yesterday of the GTN Complete to get the update for P3Dv4.2, so I don't think that will fix it in my situation unfortunately :( Thanks for the idea though!

I will check with their support if I have to, but right now it's only affecting A2A planes, so this seemed like a better starting point.

-stefan

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you have a camera add-on like EzDok or ChasePlane? Are you using a head tracking device or have you modified any of the camera positions to create custom views?

If so, you may have repositioned the eyepoint within the geometry of a 3D object in the cabin. When this happens the mouse will not be able to interact with the clickspots in the cabin.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

I do use EZDok (EZCA? whatever htey call it these days) with TrackIR but I don't have trouble with any other clickpoints in the cockpit, it's just these two. Perhaps they're exceptionally finicky. I don't have my head in a particularly bizarre location or anything, it's not too far from the default. However, even if I move my head to right in front of the GTN and freeze the view, it's still not really clicking properly, and the issue persists. I can do a bit more testing with that, maybe, but this is the only thing in any aircraft that I have trouble pressing, and it's the exact same issue in all A2A aircraft that I've tried, and no other developers. I'm hesitant to just say it's EZCA's fault, but it could be contributing, of course.

-stefan

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

A2A, any word on this? Any testing/troubleshooting you'd like me to do?

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”