GTN 750 Complete for Cherokee 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
airdan
Airman Basic

GTN 750 Complete for Cherokee 180

Post by airdan »

New purchase GTN Complete into Cherokee 180. Downloaded latest version. Wont run as unable to install GTN Trainer. Error message 1721. Problem with

Windows installer. Appreciate information on how to overcome this problem.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: GTN 750 Complete for Cherokee 180

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

best bet would be to post on the Flight1 support forums to help you with your GPS issue. I believe normally its a simple admin permissions issues (right click make sure you select run as admin).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

airdan
Airman Basic

Post by airdan »

Thanks Lewis. Installation now complete. Works well except the localizer and glideslope needles wont move on approach. Went through the GTN trainer manual,

the dial rotates as programmed, but the needles on the vor dial wont track. Any suggestions?

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Have you used our configuration tool to install the gps in our airplane , or the one provided by flight1?
Michael Krawczyk

airdan
Airman Basic

Post by airdan »

I used the config provided by Flight 1.The only config I have by A2A is the input config. The needles work properly on the GTN 650 on the Carenado
Cherokee 180 but not on the A2A FXS Cherokee180. Is there an A2A config tool that I could download? Also, when I use the F1GTN config the panel preview is blank for the A2A Cherokee, but not blank for all other aircraft listed in the F1GTN config list? So how do I fix this for my a2a Cheroke a/c? I need to see something on the panel preview other than a blank screen.

airdan
Airman Basic

Post by airdan »

Finally figured it out it out. All working well now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying.

Just for anyone reading this, for integration users should use the A2A application under your Start Menu >> All Programs >> A2A Simulations for integration of the supported 3rd party GPS'es.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

airdan
Airman Basic

Re: GTN 650 Complete for FSX Cherokee 180

Post by airdan »

I had used GTN 650 successfully in my FSX Cherokee for 5 years until recently when it just disappeared. Was unable to re install it. So I purchased from Reality XP version of GTN 650, finally got it installed along with the GTN Trainer. (which I never needed with my original GTN 650) The 650 won't show up in the cockpit. When I hit the Reality XP arrow on the taskbar in the cockpit I get a
blank screen. I'm not getting much help from Flight 1 or Reality XP people. Can the original GTN 650 no longer be reloaded due to no longer being supported? I would really appreciate all suggestions
re how to fix this issue. Thanks.
airdan

airdan
Airman Basic

Post by airdan »

I now have the GTN 650 installed into FSX Cherokee working well. New issue with the GPS toggle switch showing INOP. How do I fix this issue? Thanks for any help.
airdan.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I don't think it is an issue. I'd have to check to confirm but I'm thinking it's supposed to labeled INOP with the GTN650 installed, as you'll now make that selection through the GTN.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”