SimConnect Development

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zaruthoj
Airman

SimConnect Development

Post by zaruthoj »

I'm building my own KX155 radio, and I'm struggling to make it work with the A2A Cherokee. Specifically, it seems like the Cherokee completely ignores the standard SimConnect events, whereas the simulation variables work as expected.

What works:
Setting and getting frequencies via "COM ACTIVE FREQUENCY:2", "NAV STANDBY FREQUENCY:2", etc.

What doesn't:
When I transmit "RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_SET", nothing happens. On any stock aircraft this sets the nav 2 ident state.
If I register to receive any of the COM2_RADIO_WHOLE_INC, COM2_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC, COM2_RADIO_SET, COM2_RADIO_SWAP, etc variables, I never get a callback. I get the callbacks I expect on stock aircraft.

Unknown:
I can't find any SimConnect simulation variables or events that would let me power the radio on and off.

I'm guessing that A2A has custom SimConnect events for this stuff, but I can't find any documentation about it. I'd be delighted if someone could point me at such a document.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: SimConnect Development

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

Heres the link to the cockpit builders LVar listing to start you off;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=40603

I'd be excited to see what you are building, I love a good home build simpit or equipment. No experience building myself but really enjoy seeing the community builds and the amount of skill and engineering that often goes into them.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

zaruthoj
Airman

Post by zaruthoj »

Thanks for the documentation! It looks like these Lvars can only be read or written from a DLL running inside P3D, so I should abandon my notions of using an external exe with SimConnect.

Am I correct that the easiest way forward is probably FSUIPC with a Lua script? Looks like those scripts can read and write Lvars while communicating via serial, which is exactly what I need.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes fs hobbists tend to use things like FSUIPC and LINDA and our professional flight training clients have there own in house communication software that reads the LVars.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

zaruthoj
Airman

Post by zaruthoj »

Thanks for the help! It's all working now :)

One thing to note. The Nav 2 id switch is controlled by "L:Nav2PullIdent", not "L:Nav2Ident".

Also, is there any way to control the volume for com 2 separately from com 1? In the real world I like to turn Com 2 up just enough that I can hear the ATIS while still allowing me to hear Com 1 in case ATC calls me. Is that possible here?

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”