Video/Clarity Issue When Running the A2A Simulation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
piperpilot42
Airman

Video/Clarity Issue When Running the A2A Simulation

Post by piperpilot42 »

I am getting a "Marquee" effect when running this program. What I mean is that when I zoom out the boarders of some of the instruments and edges of the plane are not sharp and some seem to be moving, much like the neon edges on a movie marquee. Is this a function of the graphics card or is it a monitor issue? I am running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card on a dedicated gaming laptop (1TB hardrive) and the monitor is a 21 inch standard monitor with an HDMI hookup. I've compared my screen image to others on you tube and theirs are definitely sharper. Should I be looking for a better monitor or an upgraded graphics card or is there a setting I can tweak on the computer?

Thanks guys,
Mike

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Video/Clarity Issue When Running the A2A Simulation

Post by Oracle427 »

This is known as shimmering and can be addressed by adjusting graphics settings using a tool like NVidia Inspector.

The standard options in sim and in the NVidia control panels are not sufficient to do away with these effects. Problem is that some settings will vary by card, and you have a newer card than me.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Video/Clarity Issue When Running the A2A Simulation

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Yes, as Oracle says, it sounds like you're seeing some "aliasing" artefacts which appear as shimmering. NVIDIA supersampling antialiasing modes are good for reducing this effect, and free software such as NVIDIA Inspector is a big help. Here's an old post where a similar topic is discussed. You could start with the settings shown in the screenshot and see how you get on, but you can probably afford to use higher settings such as 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling with your modern graphics card.

NVIDIA Inspector can be downloaded here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077 ... ector.html.

The monitor is relevant too though, and ideally you should be running FSX at your screen's native resolution.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”