Addled Instruments

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GLEN85
Airman Basic

Addled Instruments

Post by GLEN85 »

The instruments on both my a2a Cherokee and a2a C172 have ceased to be readable ... especially when backlit. There appears to be a garbled pattern slip a :?: :| cross the panel instruments. This is in FSX on Windows 10 ! Works fine on Windows 7. I have a screenshot of the problem but am unsure as to whether this can be attached to this question

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Addled Instruments

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello GLEN85 - a screenshot would certainly help to get to the bottom of this one! :) To post one, you'll need to upload it to one of the free file/image hosting sites and share a link. More info here.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if using FSX do you have high detail VC set to on in your FSX options?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GLEN85
Airman Basic

Post by GLEN85 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

if using FSX do you have high detail VC set to on in your FSX options?

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I'm new to this line of communication ... I am based in Brooke Norfolk (20 miles away from Beccles?) If I had you e address I could post the screenshot and and any other details direct to you.
You could then post any solution back on the forum for other members.

GLEN85
Airman Basic

Post by GLEN85 »

Hi Lewis,
:roll: Nothing like an old fool ! Have just checked the VC detail and that appears to have sorted the Problem.
was looking at other reasons in that on occasion - when I move from "Cockpit view" to external view - there is no Fuselage texture.
I am running three screens and I found a weird (to me) solution in that by sliding the offending 'screen view' over behind a side screen view - then back to the main view - the texture reappeared ??

I only mention that in passing since - if I had not seen that effect - I would doubt that it was possible.

Thanks for your assistance.

Glen ...........85

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

good to hear you got it sorted, and welcome to forum use, you'll find it much easier, quicker and more open than emails.

What other apps are you running, the missing model could be because a camera add-on you are running is not rendering the correct view and or a slight delay in texture loading on your system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

GLEN85
Airman Basic

Post by GLEN85 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

good to hear you got it sorted, and welcome to forum use, you'll find it much easier, quicker and more open than emails.

What other apps are you running, the missing model could be because a camera add-on you are running is not rendering the correct view and or a slight delay in texture loading on your system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Hi,
I pass on the following in answer to your query ... understanding that it may well be outside of your A2A remit.
I recently acquired a high-end chillblast/mattdavis unit 64bit op system, 64GB ram, i7-7700Cpu etc so should have enough fire power. I am running FSX Gold with Uk photographic scenery, with Active Sky2016 and Cloud art. In view of the amount of FSX addons, progs, already purchased I wanted to stay with FSX but understand that there could be an imbalance between the processing power of the pc versus the capacity of FSX to keep up ?? Am not sufficiently up on this area of computing to investigate !

Thanks again

Glen ...85 :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

your system sounds fine but the issue wouldnt be that but could be a camera add-on rendering the internal model rather than the external model. A known old issue with for example Ezdok, which could be and often was used to create external camera angles whilst technically being in internal mode, meaning half the model is not displayed because it doesnt exist in internal mode.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”