re-installing my order

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
terryuk41
Airman Basic

re-installing my order

Post by terryuk41 »

Hi, I am trying to re-download the Cherokee180 (FSX) when I go to the store and check my order, there is no download link, I have tried following advice on the forums i.e. by checking in the directory - C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\CoreUtilitiesKit\SimConnectSDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK then I am prompted to right click the "SimConnect.msi" and select "repair" . The problem is, the "SimConnect.msi" is missing. There are probably other issues as well, following a re-install of FSX-SE as I have had to re-install other payware programs such as ORBX etc. Last time I had similar problems was in August this year when Nick came to the rescue.
I think trying to get help on the A2A forums is a nightmare !! Hopefully somebody might see this post. Whatever happened to customer telephone support !!

Hope somebody can help,
Thanks,
Terryuk41

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: re-installing my order

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Terryuk41 - hopefully between us, we'll be able to help again.

If you purchased the Cherokee from the A2A store, once you've logged in, click "My Account" at the top left of the screen, and this should take you to a listing of your previous orders. Clicking the "view" button for any these should take you to the "order information" page which includes download links.

Once you've successfully downloaded and installed the Cherokee, please let us know if you have any further issues. Your best bet if you have any problems with the order itself is to send a PM (personal message) to Lewis from A2A, though I'm sure he'll chip in before long too.

Regards,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

welcome to the forums, sorry you had issues in the past, can you please let me know the order number and I can get that checked and activated for you if need be.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

terryuk41
Airman Basic

Post by terryuk41 »

Hi Lewis (and Nick). Thanks for getting back to me. My Order No. is 122681. Wed 16 August, 2017.
I think I need to reset Windows10 completely, I seem to be having multiple problems with FSX-SE generally. I have tried all other options.
What do you think would be the best way forward, do the windows reset and come back to you after, or do the download now and try and save it somehow ?

Regards,
Terry.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Terry,

I've just reset your download so you can re-download. I cannot advise on the issue you experienced though as you haven't written what the exact issue is?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

terryuk41
Airman Basic

Post by terryuk41 »

Hi Lewis,
Thanks for sorting out my problem, I went to my account page, hit the 'view' button and there was the download link! which was missing before.
I bit the bullet and did a Windows10 complete reset, re-installed FSX-SE first, then re- downloaded A2A followed by the Cherokee 180 download which is flying like a dream!!
The difference between A2A aircraft and the default FSX aircraft is amazing. The lesson here of coarse, is try and hold back on all the aircraft and scenery add-ons that are available but that's difficult if not impossible to do because they do make a considerable difference and improvement to the whole simming experience.
Anyway, thanks again,
Regards, Terry.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”