A Better Monitor or Adjust the Resolution?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
piperpilot42
Airman

A Better Monitor or Adjust the Resolution?

Post by piperpilot42 »

I am using admittedly a low end 19" Sceptre monitor for the Cherokee 180 and when I pan back to so I can see only the top 3 steam gauges in the "six pack" the resolution is muddled...I can barely make out the autopilot buttons on the control yoke and the portable garmin 295 edges are moving like waves. Is this something I can correct with a resolution change or should I consider a higher end monitor? The 4K's are going for $350+ so I'd rather not spend that much. I recently adjusted my resolution so FSX SE fills the entire screen and not leave me with 2 inch boarders on either side. Did something change when I did that?
Would appreciate some advice...thanks, guys.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A Better Monitor or Adjust the Resolution?

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's nearly always best to run monitors at their native resolution; not sure what yours will be, but if you let us know its full model number, it should be easy enough to check. :)

I'm sure you'd benefit from a bigger screen though, unless your graphics card is already being pushed very hard indeed. I use a 24" monitor at 1920x1200 and even this is pretty small for flight sims by modern standards.

Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If you have an NVidia card I would also look into NVidia Inspector. There is a lot of room for improvement on the base simulation and OS control panel settings.

The difference for me was night and day as I could not read the gauges without having to zoom in quite a bit.

I discovered a set of NI settings that were good for my setup I can now read the gauges just fine even when zoomed out to .6. This was the only way to eliminate shimmering (wavy effect) and aliasing.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes as Nick says you should always run in the monitors native resolution for best performance. It sounds like you have been running in some really low resolutions?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”