Switch control in P3D with the Cheery - LUA?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rictus
Senior Airman

Switch control in P3D with the Cheery - LUA?

Post by rictus »

Gents, long time no speaky...

I have the opportunity to help a close friend to learn to sim who, like many of us, has the bug, but not the £££ for real world training!

After some time experimenting with XP11 and building a home cockpit modelled on the PA28, I'm hitting problems with the sim, particularly with ground handling, which I cannot expect a learner to cope with... (PS this is not an XP bashing thread - I still love it for many reasons)
So I'm thinking of reverting to P3D and A2A Cherokee for now... (Still got to remember how to get some decent photoreal for P3D!!)

The one issue I've hit, which I didn't expect, is how to do the switches in P3D? The button assignments, e.g. for Master Switch are just 'master switch' whereas in XP11 they have three options - TOGGLE, ON or OFF - I've been using ON and OFF as I have DPDT switches that have two distinct 'positions'...

I'm guessing I have to get cunning with LUA, but I haven't touched it before. Any pointers gratefully received! Of course if someone has already scripted it, I would love a copy ;)

Thanks

Rich

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Switch control in P3D with the Cheery - LUA?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Rich,

If you're building a home cockpit, a registered copy of FSUIPC will be pretty much essential for advanced control assignments. Generally you won't have to write Lua scripts, but more options are available via the FSUIPC interface than in the P3D control settings. Simple text macros will also help to unlock a lot of A2A-specific functionality.

However, in the case of the battery switch in the Cherokee, there's an "on" and "off" shortcut in the A2A input configurator. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

rictus
Senior Airman

Post by rictus »

Hah thanks Nick, I noticed that that one is in the configurator... if only the others were!

Fortunately, many years ago I invested in a license for FSUIPC, so I'll take a look and see if it can do the job

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

rictus wrote:Fortunately, many years ago I invested in a license for FSUIPC, so I'll take a look and see if it can do the job
If you're on P3DV3 Rich, the FSUIPC4 licence should do the trick, but for 64 bit P3DV4, FSUIPC5 is required, which requires purchase of a new licence.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”