Plane won't start anymore

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
officercrockey
Airman Basic

Plane won't start anymore

Post by officercrockey »

Hello,

I am using the Piper Cherokee in P3Dv4 and everything was working as expected. But now I can't start the plane anymore. The normal way don't works at all and with Auto-Start it starts for a few seconds and turns off again, no matter what I do. I tried already: reset, overhaul, re-install... same is happening everytime.

Any idea?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Plane won't start anymore

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Not sure how familiar you are with A2A add-ons so I'll start with an obvious one: has it got fuel in it? :) Sometimes the need to fuel the aircraft via the shift 4 menu catches folks out.

If you've already tried the "reset"/"complete overhaul" options, I believe engine oil will be changed/refilled and any spark plug fouling cleared. However, it may be worth checking all the circuit breakers.

It's also worth making sure that you load a simple/default aircraft before switching to the Cherokee. Loading the Cherokee as part of the default flight isn't advised and can cause problems too.

Thanks,
Nick

officercrockey
Airman Basic

Post by officercrockey »

Nick M wrote: Not sure how familiar you are with A2A add-ons so I'll start with an obvious one: has it got fuel in it? :)
Hello Nick,

this really was the problem. I don't get it, because I could swear that I had 10 gallons in each tank. I suppose, that the first time I just forgot the fuel tank selector and that's why it didn't start. And after all the reinstalling / resetting the tanks were empty and I did not check again.

A2A can't you deliver a new plane with at least a few gallons in the tank :D

Thanks for your help Nick!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem - glad it was a simple solution. :) Yeah, reinstalling can sometimes tend to mask issues though I suspect the 'reset' option is what drained your tanks in this case.

Welcome to the forums by the way and feel free to drop a line if you have any other issues.

Regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”