Broken views in preflight inspection / very slow trim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Broken views in preflight inspection / very slow trim

Post by Redglyph »

Hello! :)

I dusted off the Cherokee for some training and found a few issues.
I'm using P3D v3.4 (not v4 yet), and I have installed the latest A2A_Update_04_13_17.

1) The views are not correct when doing the walk-around.

The views don't correspond to what I'm expecting to see for each inspection. For example, for the wheels and chocks, I see the radio stack inside the cockpit. For others, I see the external view of the nature around me, the aircraft is not even in the field of view.

I don't have the same issue with the C172, for instance, this one is working well. But I haven't tried with the other A2A add-ons.

If I click on the spots, or if I click on the arrows to change station doesn't make any difference.
I'm using Chaseplane, but I did the same test with CP disabled. I'm NOT using Ezdok, this was has been permanently eradicated.

2) Would it be possible to have a faster trim?

It takes ages to trim this bird, I can't practically use the trim in a pattern circuit. Perhaps it's a simple settings I can change in a file?

3) (also for other A2A aircraft) Is it possible to set the default radio stack?

I have installed GTN 750, and it appears every time as the default instead of the radios. Is there a way to pre-select the radio as default? Not a big deal, just annoying to have to reset it every time (I could uninstall it from the Cherokee but I like to keep the option).

Thanks!
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Broken views in preflight inspection / very slow trim

Post by Nick - A2A »

Redglyph wrote:1) The views are not correct when doing the walk-around.
Sounds like this might be related to Chase Plane, though if so, odd that the 172 isn't similarly affected.

One suggestion is to check if the "HotKeySelect = 4" entry is present in the "[CameraDefinition.0]" section of the aircraft.cfg file. If it's not, that's likely the issue.
Redglyph wrote:2) Would it be possible to have a faster trim?
How are you assigning trim at present? If you're not already, I'd recommend you use the trim shortcuts in the A2A Cherokee Input Configurator. This doesn't mean you have to change your trim assignments in P3D; in fact you can assign the same buttons that you have mapped to trim in P3D and the input configurator will override them when (and only when) you're using the Cherokee. By default, FSX/P3D use a rather odd 'trim acceleration' feature whereby the trim rate starts off slowly. The A2A input configurator has a much more sensible constant rate of trim.

Alternatively, if you have a registered copy of FSUIPC4, it has advanced options which enable the trim rate to be set as fast or slow as you like.

Cheers,
Nick

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Nick M wrote:Sounds like this might be related to Chase Plane, though if so, odd that the 172 isn't similarly affected.

One suggestion is to check if the "HotKeySelect = 4" entry is present in the "[CameraDefinition.0]" section of the aircraft.cfg file. If it's not, that's likely the issue.
Well spotted! This line was somehow missing from the Cherokee configuration file, it was there in the others.
Nick M wrote:How are you assigning trim at present? If you're not already, I'd recommend you use the trim shortcuts in the A2A Cherokee Input Configurator. This doesn't mean you have to change your trim assignments in P3D; in fact you can assign the same buttons that you have mapped to trim in P3D and the input configurator will override them when (and only when) you're using the Cherokee. By default, FSX/P3D use a rather odd 'trim acceleration' feature whereby the trim rate starts off slowly. The A2A input configurator has a much more sensible constant rate of trim.

Alternatively, if you have a registered copy of FSUIPC4, it has advanced options which enable the trim rate to be set as fast or slow as you like.

Cheers,
Nick
It was assigned in P3D, but it works just fine in other aircraft. I assigned it with the Input Configurator (no registered version of FSUIPC) and it's faster.
I couldn't assign it to the same control though, it seems the Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick trim hat is not recognized, but another one was recognized so it's fine.

Thanks a lot! :)

I'm still curious to see whether it's possible to keep the radio stack by default instead of the GPS, but that's less annoying than those above.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome - glad I could help a bit. :) Not sure about your third question I'm afraid: I'm surprised that if you choose the "no GPS" option in the shift 3 panel, this configuration isn't remembered. However, I'm pretty new to third-party GPS add-ons so have never actually checked.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”