Engine & airframe hour clock no longer incrementing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
speedbirda2a
Airman

Engine & airframe hour clock no longer incrementing

Post by speedbirda2a »

Hi, I had issues with FSX a while back and since reinstalling FSX and then flying any A2A aircraft - the hour clock is stuck at the old readings - Piper Cherokee is stuck at 87 hours, the PA24 at 64.5 hours and Cessna 182 at 82.6 hours. Has anyone seen this before or knows how to fix this? Many thanks Jason.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Engine & airframe hour clock no longer incrementing

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jason,

You might have to give us a bit more info to go on. :wink: Which version of FSX is it you're using? If it's the disk edition, have you made sure it properly updated with SP1 and SP2, or the Acceleration Pack add-on?

Also, when you reinstalled FSX did you uninstall the A2A Cherokee, remove any leftover files, then reinstall and run the latest Accu-Sim update?

Thanks,
Nick

speedbirda2a
Airman

Post by speedbirda2a »

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply. I completely removed FSX fs10 then reinstalled it via disks 1 and 2 following installation guidance on how to install FSX10 correctly - this included adding the service packs up to Service pack 2. I do not have the Acceleration Pack add-on. I've just checked the Control panel in Windows 7 and MS Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 was installed 10/12/2016 whereas the A2A Cherokee 180 for FSX was installed 19/04/2015 - Accu-Sim 182 Skylane for FSX installed on 15/03/2015 and Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for FSX on 10/07/2015 - so it looks like I didn't uninstall the A2A aircraft - maybe as was worried I'd lose all the data I accrued over the flight hours. I don't want to lose the data on each aircraft.

Does that mean I need to reinstalled all A2A to get the hour clocks to work again? Everything else looks and works ok - just the hour clock isn't incrementing. I'm keeping written notes on my hours but it would be great to have them accurate on the planes too. I've noticed that the Accu-Fell Air, Land and Sea is no longer viewible on the Add on menue in FSX. :( Thanks Jason

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jason,

If you've removed then reinstalled FSX without reinstalling the Cherokee, that could potentially cause some problems.

I recommend the following...

1. Uninstall the Cherokee using the Windows Control Panel.
2. Delete the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180" directory.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Reinstall the Cherokee using the original installer you downloaded. (Right click the installer -> "Run as administrator".)
5. Run the Accu-Sim updater available here. (Right click the installer -> "Run as administrator".)

Don't worry too much about loosing your accumulated engine hours. These are stored in the "A2A" folder in "My Documents" and aren't removed by the uninstaller. However, you can back up the contents of this folder if you wish, to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Nick

speedbirda2a
Airman

Post by speedbirda2a »

Thanks Nick, I'll give your advice a go at the weekend and report back, thanks again. Jason

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the Cherokee will need reinstalling and also re-updating

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”