Problem - FSX Re-installs of all my A2A sims

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Problem - FSX Re-installs of all my A2A sims

Post by Golfer2A »

I recently had to Uninstall and re-install FSX:Steam due to computer problems. After the Geek Squad repaired my computer and initialized my system, I processed through the task of re-installing all my sim software, including scenery and flight sims. All Sims work (RAZBAM, AF, Milviz, Alabeo, et al) except my A2A family of sims (C-172, C-182, PA180, PA250, J3, P51, P40, B17 etc.). Each sim's Unzipped, executable application indicates they properly load, however when I run the most current Accusim update dated 04-13-17 (which I've successfully run in the past), it indicates that each plane is "Not Found". Further, when I upload and and try to fly any one of them, the engine doesn't turn over (a wisp of smoke) and the flight surfaces and PIT functions do not work. Remember! I have a host of other sims that work fine. One other final issue, the maintenance hanger will not open, even though the plane is cold and dark. Yes, the folder and files for each plane do load and appear in the SimObjects folder, and the sim models do display in the Free Flight list.

I have spent several days trying to figure out the problem, loading and reloading the A2A's without success. Hence, I am turning to the experts and hope that you can point me in the right direction to a solution.

Thanks

Golfer2A

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Problem - FSX Re-installs of all my A2A sims

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

For latest updater to find your aircraft, try deleting client.wyc file located at:

[FSX_DIRECTORY]\A2A\Cessna172\Update\client.wyc

and run the updater again. You may also want to try fully reinstall one of the A2A planes and see how it goes in regards to the hangar access and smoke animations.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Hi Will,

Thanks for the info. Re-installed the C-172 with Accusim, then deleted the client.wyc file, then ran the updater again, and no change. It still doesn't find any of the planes. still no engine, no surface or PIT functions, and maintenance hanger doors don't open... the red bar still displays with same message "engine must be off...etc.

This is weird because in the past I have downloaded and re-installed a number of the A2A's because of engines failing to start, with no problem. and the updater always finds the planes. It's almost as if the updater is looking at another airplane folder somewhere in space... but I have verified that there is no other airplane file folder anywhere on my system.

Just thought of something, I should probably go to the A2A website and re-download the updater... hmmmm... be right back!

NOPE! that didn't change anything... still can't find the A2A sims.

Golfer2A

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I don't know much about Steam as I am using FSX Acceleration but I have had a similar problem in the past and I ended up doing a search of my computer for all A2A products and folders and manually deleting everything that had to do with A2A and reinstalling everything from scratch. This solved my problems with the A2A aircraft.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Problem 90% solved. Now, having a bit of a problem with the updater: goes halfway and stops. However, the planes are now flying and maintenance hanger is working again. I'll tackle the updater later.

Thanks all for your inputs. It was appreciated.

Golfer2A

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Golfer2A wrote:Problem 90% solved. Now, having a bit of a problem with the updater: goes halfway and stops. However, the planes are now flying and maintenance hanger is working again. I'll tackle the updater later.

Thanks all for your inputs. It was appreciated.

Golfer2A
Hi Golfer2A,

Try to execute the updater as system Administrator. :wink: I always install my addons and A2A planes to the sim as administrator, including the newest update when available.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”