Download problems - Cherokee 180(FSX)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
terryuk41
Airman Basic

Download problems - Cherokee 180(FSX)

Post by terryuk41 »

Hi, I am having problems installing the Piper Cherokee 180 I have downloaded it twice and I am still experiencing problems. I am on fsx steam and have uninstalled and re-installed steam, plus all add-ons i.e.
scenery, airports, weather etc so there shouldn't be any conflicting progammes. My Order No. is 122681. 16th August. After downloading the last time I recieved a warning that the .exe files had not installed properly and found that I had no sound at all plus no engine startup, using either control+E or manual start, there were one or two other minor problems as well. I have a gaming rig which has loads of available capacitiy, especially since I uninstalled all the add-ons. Also, is it necessary to disable my anti-virus before downloading.

Hope you can help,
Thanks, Terryuk41

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Download problems - Cherokee 180(FSX)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

first off a quick warning that one of the worst things you can do is to reinstall over and over to try and solve an issue, it can often result in frustration for the person doing it.

So lets get you up and flying with some troubleshooting, first off is to ask if you tried a simconnect install and also if you have run the latest Accu-sim updater to get all updated;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

terryuk41
Airman Basic

Post by terryuk41 »

Hi Lewis,
Thank you for getting back to me, at the moment I don't have the Cherokee installed, I have run the latest accu-sim updater as advised but I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by a simconnect install.
When I log in to my account it states I have one download remaining which is a bit worrying, so if your could explain the procedures to do a simconnect install, I would be very grateful and once again, do I need to disable my antivirus.
Thanks again,
Terryuk41.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's not a bad idea to disable any antivirus software when installing something like the Cherokee Terryuk41, especially if it's third-party AV software you use such as Norton.

Something else to try if you're experiencing problems is to right-click the A2A Cherokee installer and use the "run as administrator" option.

With a current installation of FSX-SE, the SimConnect client should be installed by default. However, to check it's installed properly, go to the following directory...

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

...right click the "SimConnect.msi" installer, and select "repair".

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I see Nick has you pretty much sorted 8)

If you let me know the order number from the A2A Store I can bump those downloads up for you.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”