Issue with lights (dynamic and non-dynamic) in P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
katsa
Airman Basic

Issue with lights (dynamic and non-dynamic) in P3Dv4

Post by katsa »

I have a weird issue with Cherokee's lights. First I thought I had the same problem as some here with dynamic lights. But this is something different. When I turn on all lights with keyboard shortcut, beacon, strobes and nav lights lit momentarily but then they quickly die out. The other lights stay on. I can repeat this forever but something keeps turning the lights off.

If I use mouse and click switches inside the cockpit I cannot see even the glimpse of the lights.

Do you have any idea? C172 lights works perfectly for me. I have reinstalled the Cherokee without any luck.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Issue with lights (dynamic and non-dynamic) in P3Dv4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how are you loading into the cherokee?

What is you default flight set too?

Are you loading/running P3D as admin?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

katsa
Airman Basic

Post by katsa »

My default flight is the factory default from P3D v4. I select Cherokee and start the flight, nothing else. I have UAC turned off so running as admin shouldn't make difference, but I also tried that too with no difference. Only thing that comes to my mind is that I probably installed the v4 updated Cherokee initially to a custom folder. Although later I have uninstalled it and reinstalled to the default location inside my documents folder, together with other A2A planes. I don't think that is the cause but you may know better.

One thing.. When I hit the key that turns on all the lights and then some lights turns off soon after that, it seems to be only the effect turns off. P3D still thinks that lights are switched on, because I need to hit the key twice to repeat the effect. But turning lights on with that way doesn't have any effect on the switches on the cherokee's panel. I don't know if that's default behavior since I normally never use any shortcut keys.

Btw, I just purchased Commanche. The lights works perfectly. And it goes faster ;)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you running any other add-ons?

When you move the Cherokee location how did you achieve this?

thanks,
Lewis

katsa
Airman Basic

Post by katsa »

When I installed Cherokee to a custom folder I simply used the option that the installer provided. Later when I purchased C172, I didn't saw the similar option in the installer and thought it was a bad idea to use anything custom, so I reinstalled chero to the defalt location.

I have currently installed FCUIPC5, ChasePlane, A lot of FTX stuff, A2a Commanche, A2A C172 trainer, RealAir Turbine Duke, Alabeo D17 StaggerWing, FreeMesh X Europe, PTA, ReShade, FlyTampa Copenhagen & Vienna, Aerosoft Oslo V2, Bergen X, Tromso X.

Everything is installed with updated v4 installer except Turbine Duke. I have tried starting P3D without FCUIPC5, ChasePlane, ReShade and restored effects installed by PTA.

I noticed that fx_a2a_cherokee180_strobe.fx uses textures fx_2.bmp and fx_a2a_c182_lights_1.bmp that I don't have. Fixing by hand doesn't do any good, so I guess the texture is just for old non-dynamic stuff?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes there is a beacon light issue we are aware off but its not a turn on/off issue.

When you reinstalled the cherokee can you describe exactly what you did. Was it just a uninstall and then reinstall. Did you restart your system between installs and or did you check the folders to make sure the files where all gone post uninstall?

thanks,
Lewis

katsa
Airman Basic

Post by katsa »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes there is a beacon light issue we are aware off but its not a turn on/off issue.

When you reinstalled the cherokee can you describe exactly what you did. Was it just a uninstall and then reinstall. Did you restart your system between installs and or did you check the folders to make sure the files where all gone post uninstall?

thanks,
Lewis
I uninstalled and reinstalled without rebooting, but I tried again with rebooting after uninstaling. Cherokee related files seem to disappear in uninstall process as excpected. Total mystery since all the other A2A planes work.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”