some issues with the Cherokee in P3D V4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
snoopy_belgium
Airman Basic

some issues with the Cherokee in P3D V4

Post by snoopy_belgium »

I have installed the Cherokee in a clean install of P3D v4 and I have some issues:
- the beacon light doesn't work. The light itself is not blinking, only the fuselage becomes red. I could solve this problem myself:
In the texture directory in the effects directory of the Cherokee is a file fx_a2a_cherokee180_lights_1.bmp. I have copied this file to fx_a2a_c172_lights_1.bmp and fx_a2a_c182_lights_1.bmp and now the beacon light works. So there must be something wrong in the configuration files of the Cherokee. Why it is looking for files of the C172 and C182?

- the strobe lights: these lights are much too strong. In sunny day light the lights illuminate the ground and the complete fuselage. For me this isn't very realistic.
The strobe lights also work when the master switch is off and the plane is without battery power. Where do these lights get their electricity from? Does it also work in this way in the real aircraft?

- there is also a perfomance issue in v4 with the cherokee. When I look in front through the cockpit window I get stuttering. This is not the case with the default propellor aircraft.
When I switch dynamic lighting off the stuttering disappears. When I cut the power by pulling the fuel lever the engine continues to work for a short time and then begins to stop slowly. When this happens not only the engine stops but also the frames in the flightsim drop very fast untill the engine is completely off. I didn't have seen this behaviour in v3, so there must be something in v4 that has a very big impact on the framerate when this is happening.

Best regards,
Snoopy_belgium

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: some issues with the Cherokee in P3D V4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the beacon we are aware of an issue and there will be an update put out to correct the issue. For the brightness this is a P3D Platform issue or setting. I would suggest playing with your settings to correct this, as I am not seeing it this end so I would think you have some settings set incorrectly for your personal system. This would also tie in why you are having performance issues with dynamic lights in the sim.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

snoopy_belgium
Airman Basic

Post by snoopy_belgium »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for your reply. Does the update also contain a fix for the strobe light that work without any power? I have checked this also in P3D v3 and there the strobe lights don't work when the master power switch is off.
I have a fresh install of P3D v4 with no add ons (only the cherokee and FSUIPC5) and with standard settings (no changes for the HDR settings).
So it is strange that you don't see that in sunny daylight the complete fuselage and ground is lid up by the strobe lights. I suppose that you can determine the intensity of any light source in the Cherokee somewhere in your settings? In my opinion the strobe lights are much too strong.
What I have read in your forum, I'm not the only one that complains about performance. But probably it is a P3D issue. They need some time to fine tune the new features in the new version.
But when I switch off the engine by cutting the power the frame rate also drops dramatically. I don't think this is normal. Maybe there are smoke particles coming from the engine that cause this frame drop?

Best regards,
Snoopy_belgium

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

looking into this now

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Seeing the same issue.

Kimo
Airman First Class

Post by Kimo »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

for the beacon we are aware of an issue and there will be an update put out to correct the issue. For the brightness this is a P3D Platform issue or setting. I would suggest playing with your settings to correct this, as I am not seeing it this end so I would think you have some settings set incorrectly for your personal system. This would also tie in why you are having performance issues with dynamic lights in the sim.

Thanks,
Lewis
Any news on that update?

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”