Dynamic Lighting Issue With A2A Planes In P3D V4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nyyankee830
Airman Basic

Dynamic Lighting Issue With A2A Planes In P3D V4

Post by nyyankee830 »

So I bought the Cherokee and Comanche for V4 since I only had them for FSX. I love these planes and they are my favorite general aviation planes of all time. I know the planes are new to V4 but when dynamic lighting is active in P3d and you switch the landing lights and/or Strobes on the A2A planes, the frames are cut in half. PMDG had the same issue with the 747 and 777 when they were released for V4 but they have since fixed it. Are you guys going to fix that issue? The dynamic lighting looks so nice and that is really the only difference between V3 and V4 so its a great feature to have on your plane. I'm getting 60-70 FPS without them on and then down to 20-30 with the lights on. Please help!! Thank you,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Dynamic Lighting Issue With A2A Planes In P3D V4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let us know more about your issue and your system. Also what P3D addons you are using, where you are testing and if you are using the latest P3Dv4 patch.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nyyankee830
Airman Basic

Post by nyyankee830 »

Lewis,
I Have an i7 6700K with Nvidia 1080 graphics card. I am running Orbx regions with active sky and that's about it for addons at this time. I went onto the P3d website and looked for the patch that you suggested and I couldn't find anything about it. All they have in their download section is the p3d V4 original software. I have googled the patch and asked many other people who have upgraded to v4 and they don't seem to know about a patch for V4 yet. If you can point me in the right direction then that would be greatly appreciated and maybe the lights on the A2A planes will work better with dynamic lighting. Thanks again for your quick response.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

very strange as its all working correctly here using the version of P3D you are using and the old beta. Can you let me know your settings and have you tried running in a default area without add-on scenery.

thanks,
Lewis

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Same here, all planes in my sim. I don't even have to have the lights on but as soon as I tick Dynamics lights, bam, FPS cut in half. Not just A2A, PMDG, and even the others I have installed.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

nyyankee830 wrote:Lewis,
I Have an i7 6700K with Nvidia 1080 graphics card. I am running Orbx regions with active sky and that's about it for addons at this time. I went onto the P3d website and looked for the patch that you suggested and I couldn't find anything about it. All they have in their download section is the p3d V4 original software. I have googled the patch and asked many other people who have upgraded to v4 and they don't seem to know about a patch for V4 yet. If you can point me in the right direction then that would be greatly appreciated and maybe the lights on the A2A planes will work better with dynamic lighting. Thanks again for your quick response.
No, they have the updated software in the in download section, the Hotfix takes it to version 4.0.28.21686. Check your version: If you don't have version 21686 then a quick tip: You do NOT need to download the full installer, the Client installer will suffice (although one of the fixes mentioned only comes with a Content installation as well, but it's for a poor default aircraft that isn't relevant to A2A users).

There is also considerable reference to the Hotfix on the Latest News. Note you will need to know how to install the Client properly. Again details are provided in the L-M forums. The fixes in the Hotfix may impact on your FPS issue, so it IS important to be up-to-date

Suggest refreshing your browser and looking again. It's hard to miss from home page on!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes if encountering issues with dynamic lights on the P3D platform after the latest hotfix you will want to report to Lockheed via the P3D support channels.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”