Updating troubles

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nioux26
Airman Basic

Updating troubles

Post by nioux26 »

Not sure if this is a good place for these questions I have as I have already had to move it once, but we will see. So here is the post I made earlier with my troubles.

I am having issues updating the A2A aircraft also. I run the updater as admin and it gives me the following error.

Access to path E:\System Volume Information is denied.

I do not know what this means as I have turned off the firewall from windows and disabled anti virus for the download and install.

Any ideas?

Also, I have purchased the 172, 182, and the Cherokee by A2A, all through Just Flight. I have downloaded the Installers 3 separate times, again with firewalls and anti virus turned off. Run all the installers as admin, and I get the aircraft config exe for the 182 only. It does not show up for the 172 or the Cherokee. That makes it hard to install the Flight1 GTN750 into those two aircraft. The GTN750 works well in the 182.

I need to get these two different problems figured out. A2A has spoiled me as far as what aircraft I am willing to fly anymore. Unfortunately the GTN750 has spoiled me for what GPS I am willing to use. Therefore, I only have 3 GA aircraft I like flying, and only one of them has a working GTN750 working in it. I need help.

Thanks!

Also, on the other post it was brought to my attention that one problem might be because I am running P3D on a dedicated SSD, and installed it into the root directory. I did not know that would cause an issue with some things. So if there is a fix other than reinstalling everything, that would be great to learn.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Updating troubles

Post by Oracle427 »

If P3D is installed into the root of any hard drive that will cause problems with the update utilities.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

nioux26
Airman Basic

Post by nioux26 »

Oracle427 wrote:If P3D is installed into the root of any hard drive that will cause problems with the update utilities.
Well, that's nice. I'll have to fix that then. Any ideas on the other problems I am having with not getting the aircraft config exe when installing the 172 and the Cherokee?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The GTN was released after the 172 so the updater will add this into our 172 etc.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nioux26
Airman Basic

Post by nioux26 »

I see. Thanks for the help. In the process of reinstalling everything. Hope it works.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”