Piper PA28 Cherokee will not start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gkeefe
Airman Basic

Piper PA28 Cherokee will not start

Post by gkeefe »

I recently purchased and installed the Steam edition of FSX. I also installed the A2A simulation for the Piper PA28 Cherokee. The Cherokee was working just fine until I replaced the default plane (Cessna C172P) in the Sitka Alaska Mission with my Cherokee A2A addon. While flying the Cherokee in the Sitka Approach Mission, the engine cut off and has not worked since. Nothing works now, no electrical power, CTRL E does not start the Cherokee, engine oil level keeps draining, etc, etc.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything with no success. Any help to get the Cherokee working again would be greatly appreciated.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Piper PA28 Cherokee will not start

Post by Oracle427 »

How to you add fuel to the aircraft? Do you use the Shift-4 menu to access to A2A weight and balance screen or are you using the FSX screen? The later does not work with these Accusim aircraft.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how is the aircraft in the maintenance hanger and during pre-flight walk around?

When you reinstalled did you delete the update folder and re-run the latest Accu-sim updater also?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gkeefe
Airman Basic

Post by gkeefe »

Oracle427 wrote:How to you add fuel to the aircraft? Do you use the Shift-4 menu to access to A2A weight and balance screen or are you using the FSX screen? The later does not work with these Accusim aircraft.
I used Shift+4. Had plenty of fuel. No oil. Refilled oil. No start or crank.

gkeefe
Airman Basic

Post by gkeefe »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

how is the aircraft in the maintenance hanger and during pre-flight walk around?

When you reinstalled did you delete the update folder and re-run the latest Accu-sim updater also?

thanks,
Lewis
I installed update. No luck, still does not run. How do I put plane in maintenance hanger?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

gkeefe wrote:I recently purchased and installed the Steam edition of FSX. I also installed the A2A simulation for the Piper PA28 Cherokee. The Cherokee was working just fine until I replaced the default plane (Cessna C172P) in the Sitka Alaska Mission with my Cherokee A2A addon. While flying the Cherokee in the Sitka Approach Mission, the engine cut off and has not worked since. Nothing works now, no electrical power, CTRL E does not start the Cherokee, engine oil level keeps draining, etc, etc.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything with no success. Any help to get the Cherokee working again would be greatly appreciated.
The aircraft features persistent damage modelling, it's in the very fine manual that you really should read.

You really, really should.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Yep, agree that a read of the manual is in order followed by an inspection of the aircraft in the maintenance hangar. It sounds like the engine must be ruined if it ran out of oil. Shift 7

As you reinstalled the aircraft, it is now necessary to go to the update folder within the aircraft directory in Simobjects. Delete the contents of the update folder and then re run the update utility. If you do not do this more I'd the updates will be applied.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Under your start menu you can find A2A Simulations and the Manual for your simulation alongside the aircraft and input configurator.

The pre-flight and maint hangar can be accessed via the platform native 2D panel system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”