Can't apply update to Cherokee

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ceparsons
Airman

Can't apply update to Cherokee

Post by ceparsons »

I've run the updater (4/13/17) as administrator after turning off Avira, Windows defender, and the firewall. I get an error message: "Error trying to save file: Error downloading "http://a2asimulations.com/wyupdate/cher ... server.wys": The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send"
I know I gotta stop tinkering with my machine, and this problem will make me stop.
Do you folks have any ideas?
Windows 7 Ultimate, FSX Acceleration,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Can't apply update to Cherokee

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you downloaded the latest and are you running it from say the desktop?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ceparsons
Airman

Post by ceparsons »

Yes Sir

nioux26
Airman Basic

Post by nioux26 »

I am having issues updating the A2A aircraft also. I run the updater as admin and it gives me the following error.

Access to path E:\System Volume Information is denied.

I do not know what this means as I have turned off the firewall from windows and disabled anti virus for the download and install.

Any ideas?

Also, I have purchased the 172, 182, and the Cherokee by A2A, all through Just Flight. I have downloaded the Installers 3 separate times, again with firewalls and anti virus turned off. Run all the installers as admin, and I get the aircraft config exe for the 182 only. It does not show up for the 172 or the Cherokee. That makes it hard to install the Flight1 GTN750 into those two aircraft. The GTN750 works well in the 182.

I need to get these two different problems figured out. A2A has spoiled me as far as what aircraft I am willing to fly anymore. Unfortunately the GTN750 has spoiled me for what GPS I am willing to use. Therefore, I only have 3 GA aircraft I like flying, and only one of them has a working GTN750 working in it. I need help.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

nioux26 wrote:I am having issues updating the A2A aircraft also. I run the updater as admin and it gives me the following error.

Access to path E:\System Volume Information is denied.

I do not know what this means as I have turned off the firewall from windows and disabled anti virus for the download and install.

Any ideas?

Also, I have purchased the 172, 182, and the Cherokee by A2A, all through Just Flight. I have downloaded the Installers 3 separate times, again with firewalls and anti virus turned off. Run all the installers as admin, and I get the aircraft config exe for the 182 only. It does not show up for the 172 or the Cherokee. That makes it hard to install the Flight1 GTN750 into those two aircraft. The GTN750 works well in the 182.

I need to get these two different problems figured out. A2A has spoiled me as far as what aircraft I am willing to fly anymore. Unfortunately the GTN750 has spoiled me for what GPS I am willing to use. Therefore, I only have 3 GA aircraft I like flying, and only one of them has a working GTN750 working in it. I need help.

Thanks!
Hello,

if you can post a new thread with your issue that'd be great so as to not confuse issues. Your issue seems to be that your sim is installed on the root of your drive in no folder structure?

thanks,
Lewis

nioux26
Airman Basic

Post by nioux26 »

Sorry, yes I'll start a new topic. And yes you're correct. Separate SSD for p3d. I didn't know not having a "Lockheed Martin" folder would cause any issues.

ceparsons
Airman

Post by ceparsons »

Wow, Lewis, do you ever sleep? your posts and replies cover the entire day....Still not able to apply update. I've gone looking for help in the web for my connection problem (if that's what it is) with no luck. The 180 is flyable with the basic install, just not able to enjoy the updated version. Oh well......

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you take me through the exact process you use for the updater?

ceparsons
Airman

Post by ceparsons »

Certainly:
After downloading and then extracting the .EXE to my desktop, I turn off my antivirus (Avira) and turn off the firewall, and disable Windows Defender (2nd line A/V).
Then I select the update exe with a right click and select "Run as administrator" and let the program run.
It searches for the aircraft, displays Cherokee 180 FOUND", and starts to download the .wyc file. AT about 40 % it stops and displays the error message I reported, that it can't download the file because (I guess) the process was stopped by either my computer or your server.
When I clear that error box the updater continues searching for aircraft until it reaches the end and then I "Finish" without being able to update the 180.
I wish I had some programming knowledge to figure out why my connection is not working. I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've had trouble activating Flight 1 downloads before because their servers didn't work with Chrome and had to use Internet Explorer. Not sure if this is a good lead or not.
Also, as I said earlier, the plane will start up normally in its original state (Ver 2.0), but, without the updated features.

Thanks

Charlie

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Charlie have you tried a new download?

thanks,
Lewis

ceparsons
Airman

Post by ceparsons »

Not yet. Stand by

ceparsons
Airman

Post by ceparsons »

Son of a gun!!!!!!! New download worked. Note that I recently switched from AT&T to COMCAST as my ISP. Methinks there is a problem with them.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha good to hear, happy flying in the virtual skies 8)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”