Input configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Input configurator

Post by cristi.neagu »

I'll post this here, cause this is the plane i noticed this with. It might be common to others.

I noticed that when having another controller connected to the system (XBox controller, for example), the input configurator doesn't really work. I set up my buttons, they were showing up alright, but they weren't working in the plane. Tried restarting FSX, same thing. The weird thing was that the FSX config was mentioning joystick0, while the P3D one was mentioning joystick1 (i only have FSX, mind you).

So i closed FSX, closed the configurator, unplugged the XBox controller, remade the assignments, and it's working now. It also keeps working when i plug the XBox controller back. But it stops working when i load the plane up with the XBox controller plugged in.

Looking at it, i think the problem is the configurator cannot distinguish between controllers. When i start it up with the XBox controller, it thinks that's joystick0 now. And i can tell that's what's happening because i can activate the plane's controls with my XBox controller, even though i never set it up to do that. Is there a fix for this?

And whilst we're on the subject, another issue i've been having with the configurator is that it's a bit picky about accepting keyboard shortcuts from my Saitek profiler. Everywhere else they seem to work alright, but here it's like the keys never get released. If i assign a keyboard shortcut to a button on my joystick and use it in the plane to press a button, the button will remain pressed. It doesn't bounce back. I know everyone says to stay away from the Saitek profiler, but apart from this i've never had any issues with it. And because this might very well be an issue with how it handles key presses, i don't expect this to be fixed in the A2A software. But one can hope.

Thank you.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Input configurator

Post by some1 - A2A »

Do those keyboard shortcuts work correctly if you enter them directly from the keyboard (not emulated by the Saitek software)?

About the gamepad, P3D at one point has changed the order in which joysticks are detected which might cause issues when multiple controllers are connected. Are you sure you're running the latest versions of P3D and A2A Cherokee?
Michael Krawczyk

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Input configurator

Post by cristi.neagu »

The commands do work correctly when using the keyboard. That's why I said I'm not expecting anything to be done about this, because it's most likely caused by an interaction with 3rd party unsupported software. I just thought I'd make the team aware of it, just in case.

And I forgot to say I use FSX. And I'm running the latest version, yes. But even if that were the case, why would it affect the A2A software? Is it receiving inputs through the sim, rather than directly from the joystick?

Thanks for the reply.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”