MindStar GNS 430 WAAS

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RobertPBham
Airman Basic

MindStar GNS 430 WAAS

Post by RobertPBham »

Hi all,

I've just purchased the MindStar GNS 430 as I am currently training for IR and thought this would be a great addition.

I have successfully installed and activated the product using the A2A configurator - the GNS appears in the plane and is fully functional.

Just tried an RNAV approach to Gloucester R27 and I had lateral guidance but no vertical guidance. I understand that the MindStar GNS supports WAAS and has a selection of CDI gauges.

I'm not convinced that the MindStar CDI gauge is installed in my 180 - I've checked the panel.cfg and cannot find any reference to the MDI_CDI gauge - should there be a reference? Can anyone confirm an approach that definitely does work with WAAS and I can test it?

I've updated the 180 using the latest updater.

Can anyone assist as I've spent two hours trying to figure it out! :-)

Thanks
Rob

RobertPBham
Airman Basic

Re: MindStar GNS 430 WAAS

Post by RobertPBham »

I've answered my own question - just flown at RNAV approach at Exeter that has LPV on the chart and I received vertical and lateral guidance - so the everything is working which is great news!!

Thanks
Rob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: MindStar GNS 430 WAAS

Post by Lewis - A2A »

glad you are up and running, just an FYI I believe there was a cfg change some users use to have to make but cant at the moment remember if it was for the mindstar or RXP GPS for the extra bits of WAAS. But anyway good to see its not needed for you and your up and away.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”