Cherokee broke after core update.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
IGrant
Airman Basic

Cherokee broke after core update.

Post by IGrant »

I bought the Cherokee for P3Dv3 Academic two days ago and had no problems with installation and it worked awesome out of the box. Probably my favorite A2A plane so far in fact! I then downloaded the latest core update and ran it and it successfully found and updated the Cherokee. I've got no other A2A products installed at this time. Upon running the plane, there were no sound effects (switches and the like) all of the controls were frozen and the cockpit was in an odd state i.e. not completely cold and dark because a few switches were still on. Upon opening the maintenance hangar it read that the aircraft needed to be shut down even though it wasn't running at the time.

I looked through the forums here and I didn't find anything else that sounded similar but I did reinstall SimConnect just to be safe as it's mentioned in the troubleshooting guide. Again, I've no other A2A planes installed nor do I have FSX with my A2A planes in that any longer so I can't comment as to if it affected other planes or not. The only way I was able to fix it was to completely uninstall the Cherokee and reinstall it and not update it. I'd like to have the new updates but I'd much rather be able to fly the plane!

Any ideas? Loving the Cherokee so far, just this one little update problem is all I can complain about.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee broke after core update.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I don't recall we have had any reports of anything like that in 2 years so it sounds like a setting issue on your system. Or even a simple simconnect error on your flight and a system restart will fix that.

Are you using the Cherokee as the default flight, as its highly advisable that this should not be done due to issues occurring including ones similar to what you experience that is all the symptoms of a simconnect failure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

IGrant
Airman Basic

Post by IGrant »

Thanks for the quick reply, Lewis.

I had been using the Cherokee as the default but not as a saved flight. When P3D starts up I change the aircraft, location and time to what I need and so far I've not encountered any problems until the update or since I reinstalled the base package with out the update. I did try loading up the default flight and switching to the Cherokee from the F22 or what ever it is that loads up by default and had no joy there either.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything which is the weird part. I feel like I've checked all the boxes so to speak. I understand how these things go and that there are a million variables in regards to customer systems and so on so I am definitely not ruling out it being something on my end. I suppose I'll try and reapply the update and see if I have better luck. My hard drive has been a bit quirky as of late so maybe (hopefully not) something got corrupted.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

One other thought is did any antivirus software that's active interfere during the update process?

If you want to to try running the core update again, simply delete the following file...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_p3d\client.wyc

...Then re-run the A2A_Update_03_15_17.exe that you downloaded.

Cheers,
Nick

IGrant
Airman Basic

Post by IGrant »

Thanks Nick, I'll try as you say this weekend. I'm pretty positive there's no antivirus interference going on but I do intend on trying the install again. I just need to pull myself from the cockpit to do it!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - perhaps you can let us know how you get on. There are some features of the update that are definitely worth having, so it's worth persevering for a bit. Computers eh! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”