Lost record

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N404 mike
Airman Basic

Lost record

Post by N404 mike »

I was keeping quite accurate records of my time between repairs and condition of the aircraft and I was quite enjoying it,
Unfortunately when I try to load corrupted saved flight everything got lost an aircraft was is at 0 as I bought it.
Is there a back up somewhere that I can continue might tedious and Very enjoyable Aircraft history recording.
Help is highly appreciated.
I have seen the subject somewhere before but having trouble finding it.
H L
mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Lost record

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

The *log.dat file which records your Cherokee's hours and status is stored in the following directory:

My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180

As well as the main .dat file there should also be some backups made from the last few times the Cherokee was loaded in the sim. These have an added ".bak" extension, but can be renamed to replace the active .dat file. Hopefully one of them predates your corrupted flight and can be used to restore your hours.

Probably best to make a copy of the entire contents of this folder before you start renaming files.

Cheers,
Nick

N404 mike
Airman Basic

Post by N404 mike »

TH Nick
That was very helpful,
The immediate backups were going back seems to be 2 days and I was fiddling with it longer than that before I ask for help.
In the back up folder there were a few months old files and that brought me back that I didn't lose everything.
Thank you again and happy landings
mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey - you're welcome Mike. Glad that you've got at least some of your hours back. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”