installation problem with FSX Steam

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ttigiras
Airman Basic

installation problem with FSX Steam

Post by ttigiras »

I have tried to install the Piper Cherokee 180 V.2 to FSX Steam. To begin, I did need to point to the FSX directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes. It does seem to install correctly, however, when I open FSX Steam, the aircraft is not there.

I originally bought the aircraft for the normal FSX application I have had on my machine for a long time and installed the aircraft in that application, so, maybe I need to buy a new installation for Steam (I looked and didn't find one, so I'm assuming I do not)?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: installation problem with FSX Steam

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

the FSX detection should detect your FSX so long as its installed correctly so you shouldnt have to edit the picked up path. It looks like you have installed into the incorrect place. The correct path is simply to the root of the FSX folder.

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ttigiras
Airman Basic

Post by ttigiras »

thank you so much... you were correct: I was installing in the wrong directory. It is working now!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

aha good to hear, happy flying, and don't forget to run the latest Accu-sim updater!

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis

rcflyernc2001
Airman Basic

Post by rcflyernc2001 »

Hello Lewis,
This is actually my first time in the forums also but I did purchase the Cessna 172 Skyhawk Trainer and I love it!!!
My name is Jay. Thank you for the help!! By you helping ttigiras in their original post. I did the exact same thing they tried. By installing both the Skylane and the Cherokee into C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes, so obviously I wasn't able find them either.
My next question is, would it be ok to delete the aircraft where I first installed them? I am under the impression that I am supposed install both of the aircraft and the aircraft update plus I'm guessing that is where I need to also install the Accu-Feel v 1.1 and its update to the same location of
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX, correct? I am going to reinstall the 182 and the Cherokee 180 plus the updates into the latter location but I will install the Accu-Feel v1.1 & update plus I will not delete anything until I hear back from you.
Thank you very much,
Jay

P.S.
I am 49 yrs old and I've been wanting to become a private pilot for a long time but it just hasn't worked out "YET". So I am doing 2 things to keep myself satisfied. Yes I do LOVE flying computer flight sims, FSXSE, FSW early release and multiple Real Flight R/C flight sims, because as you probably already could tell by my username, I do fly R/C. I've flown them from 1992 to present. From trainers all the way up to large scale (up to 29% scale (mostly aerobatic) aircraft. I'll send a few pics in this reply, if I'm able. I now have scaled down to electric and now only have 2 airplanes, compared to having 2 large scale and 3 electric, all in a enclosed trailer. The 2 I have now is a electric Extra 260 with a 56" wingspan and also from being in the US Navy on 2 A/C carriers and working around them I just had to get a EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) F-14 Tomcat, because the actual Turbine R/C ones are anywhere from $10,000 and UP. It has 2 80mm steel fan units, retractable landing gear also with the nose wheel gear doors Plus variable sweep wings like the real thing. Sorry, no pics, they are to large of files.
Sorry for the book long post/reply but, I just wanted to tell you a little about my background. I have been around aviation all of my life, IT'S IN MY BLOOD!!!
Thank you again,
Talk to you again later,
Jay
If you want to keep in touch other than the forum,
email is [email protected]
F/B is the same
I can send pics via email or F/B messenger

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jay,

yes you'll want to delete the installation and start over. The installer should pick up the correct path for you in FSX automatically.

thanks,
Lewis

rcflyernc2001
Airman Basic

Post by rcflyernc2001 »

A Great Big THANK YOU for all of the help Lewis!! I'm on my way to do just that right now.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”