A problem with turning on avionics

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jfri
Senior Airman

A problem with turning on avionics

Post by jfri »

I have a problem turning on avionics. After engine is started and running nothing happens when I turn on the master avionics switch. All radios and other avionics remain black. I have checked that the radios themselves have their switches on. Also checked that all fuses are on. This problem occurs in all sims i.e FSX FSXSE and P3D 2.5.
If I bring up menu window shift 3 I see that the avionics are listed as on. If I here press on auto start the avionics comes to live. But they are supposed to do so when avionics master switch turned on. What could this be and what can be done ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A problem with turning on avionics

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's an odd one jfri. :? If the battery is on (and has sufficient voltage), avionics master is on, the individual radios are switched on and the two NAV/COMM fuses are pushed in, I can't think of anything else in terms of the set-up which would prevent the avionics from powering-up.

You say they work when you click on 'auto-start' which seems to rule out an issue with the "Cherokee.dll" itself. (This is the module that 'runs' the avionics.) Similarly this seems to rule out an issue with the host sim such as the default failures being triggered.

Are you loading a default aircraft into the sim before you load the Cherokee? Does this happen every time you use the Cherokee and if so, any chance you could capture some video or even a screenshots or two?

Cheers,
Nick

jfri
Senior Airman

Post by jfri »

Nick M wrote:That's an odd one jfri. :? If the battery is on (and has sufficient voltage), avionics master is on, the individual radios are switched on and the two NAV/COMM fuses are pushed in, I can't think of anything else in terms of the set-up which would prevent the avionics from powering-up.

You say they work when you click on 'auto-start' which seems to rule out an issue with the "Cherokee.dll" itself. (This is the module that 'runs' the avionics.) Similarly this seems to rule out an issue with the host sim such as the default failures being triggered.

Are you loading a default aircraft into the sim before you load the Cherokee? Does this happen every time you use the Cherokee and if so, any chance you could capture some video or even a screenshots or two?

Cheers,
Nick
No I don't load a default plane first. Now it has happened many times every time. But I think it has not been there from the very first time I installed the plane. Might point out that I clicked auto start when the engines were running and the only effect of that was to bring the avionics to life

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Try changing your default flight back to a default aircraft (Maule) with avionics switch on. Close and restart the sim and see what happens then.

jfri
Senior Airman

Post by jfri »

molleh wrote:Try changing your default flight back to a default aircraft (Maule) with avionics switch on. Close and restart the sim and see what happens then.
Instead I just exited the sim with avionics on (through auto start) and then after reloading the sim things seem to work as it should at least for now

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It does sound like an initialization issue, what is the default flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jfri
Senior Airman

Post by jfri »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It does sound like an initialization issue, what is the default flight?

thanks,
Lewis
What is actually a default flight ? I haven't set up or loaded such a thing .

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”