Short key for autopilot?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Short key for autopilot?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds like it worked then - that's good! Yeah - the S-TEC System 30 defaults to its 'ST' or steering mode when first engaged. This is basically a enhanced wing leveller mode which also allows one to turn left and right by twisting the knob at upper left. Another press of that knob takes you to the proper heading hold mode. The S-TEC also has an altitude hold mode as you say (though you must still provide pitch trim inputs) but no 'fancy' vertical modes like the KAP 140.

The video tutorial here may be helpful: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 91#p323901.

Cheers,
Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Nick, Videos are a problem for me , at least until i get the mac to describe them, so basically what you are saying is that when i press z, remember i use your file, it would turn the Ap on, no?
If i remember right i use tab to change between the different modes.

Sandi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah - I appreciate vids will be of limited value Sandi, but you might still find the author's description of the S-TEC 30 modes helpful. The PDF manual from the autopilot manufacturer can be downloaded from this thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=40159.

With my input config file, 'Z' toggles the autopilot master but doesn't actually engage it. For this I use 'Tab' which engages the autopilot in steering mode and also cycles through the other lateral modes. I use '\' to activate the altitude hold mode.

Hope that helps,
Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Nick, it works, thanks! Now i just gotta find out how i interact with the radio and stuff, it seems that A2a have a separate set of variables for each single Ac? like the Cdi needle is not the same in all Acs. and so on.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”